Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Rear Hatch? (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/rear-hatch-11840/)

duck65 11-29-2007 09:28 PM

Rear Hatch?

Why doesn't the inside dome light come on when the hatch is opened on the HHR's?:confused:

oneton 11-29-2007 09:37 PM

Do you have the switch in the right spot on the rear dome light????

Dan's HHR 11-29-2007 11:23 PM

rear cargo light has 3 positions OFF - On when doors or latch open - always on. BTW :welcome:

duck65 11-30-2007 09:02 AM

Its my wifes car. I have the cargo light switch set to come on when the doors are open, but the light only comes on when the side doors are opened. The light does not come on when the hatch door is opened. I guess I'll take it to the dealer and have them check it out. Each door has one of the push button switches that activates the light, but I do not see a switch on the hatch:confused: .

calgaryhhr 11-30-2007 09:37 AM

Hey Duck, I just recently noticed the same problem in my HHR. The sad thing is that I've had mine since Sept 2005 and only noticed now that the light does not come on with the hatch open. I don't know if it's always been like that or just recently changed but I had it looked at by the service guys and they are releasing the switch in hopes of fixing the problem. This is being done on Tuesday, I'll let you know if all is good after that.

tcstoy 11-30-2007 10:13 AM

My dome light comes on when the hatch is opened. :smile: It is an 06.

playgames1970 11-30-2007 10:29 AM

I never noticed one way or the other if mine comes on...now I am curious what'll happen, but I'm stuck behind a desk here for a couple hours more at least! :lol:

Biggiedog70 11-30-2007 10:45 AM

Just Checked my 07 LS and the light comes on when the rear hatch is open, i notice that the switch on the light is on the middle one.

jx3 11-30-2007 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Biggiedog70 (Post 215936)
Just Checked my 07 LS and the light comes on when the rear hatch is open, i notice that the switch on the light is on the middle one.

:thumb:

06 2LT.......Dome light lights up when rear hatch is opened.

playgames1970 11-30-2007 11:08 AM

Speaking of interior lights, one minor annoyance I have with the HHR is the lack of a dome light up front for the driver. The LED that lights the shifter isn't of any real practical use, and while there are lights on the rear view mirror, sometimes I wish there was a proper dome light right above me rather than pitched forward a bit on the mirror. Also, couldn't they have hidden the wire to the rear view mirror electrics inside of something? That black wire just sorta curling down from the headliner to to mirror isn't a major cosmetic scar or anything, but seems sort of, I don't know...unfinished?

Minor gripes, but...:cool:

oneton 11-30-2007 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by jx3 (Post 215940)
:thumb:

06 2LT.......Dome light lights up when rear hatch is opened.

same here 06 build date 07/04/05

calgaryhhr 11-30-2007 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by playgames1970 (Post 215943)
Speaking of interior lights, one minor annoyance I have with the HHR is the lack of a dome light up front for the driver. The LED that lights the shifter isn't of any real practical use, and while there are lights on the rear view mirror, sometimes I wish there was a proper dome light right above me rather than pitched forward a bit on the mirror. Also, couldn't they have hidden the wire to the rear view mirror electrics inside of something? That black wire just sorta curling down from the headliner to to mirror isn't a major cosmetic scar or anything, but seems sort of, I don't know...unfinished?

Minor gripes, but...:cool:

I had a problem with the lack of lighting up front as well, I went out and purchased one of those "Dot-it" LED lights from Sylvania and stuck it to the headliner and use that whenever necessary. My only problem with that is the LED light is to focused and doesn't provide broad lumination but it's still better than nothing.

calgaryhhr 12-04-2007 11:17 PM

My HHR was in the shop today having the light problem repaired. Now that things have been taken care of my interior lights come on when the rear hatch is open.

My invioce says: "Install SOP lock to correct inter dome light. Cause: B5880 Rod and/or latch, tailgate lock - R&R or replace. Replace trunk lock with actuator."

So, I'm not sure exacty what they replaced but the lights work as they are supposed to and I'm satisfied.

Daverb 12-05-2007 12:17 AM

My 'o6 comes on when the rear hatch is open, unless I have the switch set to off.

calgaryhhr 12-05-2007 10:00 AM

I was thinking about this a little bit more last night and am wondering if something got screwed up during a previous service experience. Almost a year ago I a problem with the liftgate (along with some other folks) where the actuator (I think) failed and the gate could not be opened from the outside. I'm wondering if during this previous fix something got messed up for the ligthing.

Duck, do you know if your HHR has had a similar liftgate problem previously?

Firewatcher 12-05-2007 10:44 AM

So now my wife thinks I'm really crazy.......yep, the light comes on. The question is, does the light in the refridgerator go off when you close the door?

duck65 12-06-2007 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr (Post 217166)
I was thinking about this a little bit more last night and am wondering if something got screwed up during a previous service experience. Almost a year ago I a problem with the liftgate (along with some other folks) where the actuator (I think) failed and the gate could not be opened from the outside. I'm wondering if during this previous fix something got messed up for the ligthing.

No previous liftgate problem. Its an 07 LT bought new in June.

duck65 12-06-2007 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr (Post 217166)

Originally Posted by Firewatcher (Post 217174)
So now my wife thinks I'm really crazy.......yep, the light comes on. The question is, does the light in the refridgerator go off when you close the door?

Glad you could contribute so much to the topic Firewatcher. I agree with yo wife.:nuts:

Dan's HHR 12-06-2007 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher (Post 217174)

:laughabov :laughabov :laughabov :laughabov :laughabov