General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Any Complaints About the Ebony Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 06:31 PM

Any Complaints About the Ebony Interior?

I found an Aqua Blue 2LT with leather interior and bright chrome package. It has most of what I want in a new HHR. I'm waiting to see if my local dealer can get it shipped here so I don't have to go to Mobile to purchase it.

My question is what do you think of the ebony interior? Would you buy it again? I know I hate the tan cloth interior and have had several other cars with black. I can always add some mods to the dash and doors to add color if it gets boring.

Let me know!
Old 11-12-2008, 06:35 PM

Location: Fresno, California (formerly of Modesto, Ca. -- hometown of George Lucas, formerly of Winnipeg, Mb.)
The ebony interior works to hide spills and/or stains. I just like the black-ish colour.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:50 PM

I have the black as well, and after have a silver 06 hhr with the grey interior, the black is much better.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:51 PM

I Echo that! I had to look hard to find the Ebony. Wouldn't go any other way.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:52 PM

love my ebony interior. one of the main stipulations when i was looking. Sadly the side pillars and headline are still gray...

It's hide dirt, stains, everything.

looks great all the time

perfect
Old 11-12-2008, 06:56 PM

I was wondering if everything was black. I sat in a red SS with black interior and there was no variance. Dark gray in small areas is fine. If I can find aqua blue dash parts, I may add them. My '06 is sandstone with cashmere interior and I desperately need some color to spice up my life. I feel like I'm fading into early retirement!
Old 11-12-2008, 06:58 PM

While I think the lighter grey interior looks more refined, I wouldn't want to have to keep it clean. The Ebony really hides a lot of scuffs that you would see on a lighter interior. It gets dusty but that is easy to clean. The Ebony leather seats are Beautiful too.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
I found an Aqua Blue 2LT with leather interior and bright chrome package. My question is what do you think of the ebony interior? Would you buy it again?
Let me know!
As far back as I can remember most people decided against Black Interior because of the interior retaining "HEAT" ! With the advent of Factory Tinted Windows or even Aftermarket Tinting, Heat almost becomes a non issue ! Although the Ebony Leather sure does look sweet, our Ebony Cloth is a bit more practical, wear and cleaning !

Good Luck with Your Purchase,

Kevin and Bonnie Drake / DLVRNIT / NorCal HHR Club Members
Old 11-12-2008, 08:37 PM

I have the Ebony/Red and love it!! (VR SS).. I've had black/dark interiors AND beige/light interiors in the past.. I truly belive that dark is much easier to keep clean (but the dust shows more quickly)... I also never felt like heat is an issue...

You could "copy" the 2-tone SS door panels easily as a mod.... maybe aqua??
Old 11-12-2008, 08:42 PM

see i think that the black looks more classic and refined. to me the light grey looks cheap.

could be also because that is what we have in or aveo, and it is exactly that, cheap.

Quick Reply: Any Complaints About the Ebony Interior?