General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Rear wiper washer

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Laco
I had a convertible years and years ago, (59 Ford almost new at the time), the washers got dirt or calcium deposits in them and sprayed anyone in the back seat if the top was down. I cleaned them, but it kept happening again and again, so I finally gave up and just called it a feature!
Yes, the study of aerodynamics really helped the auto industry later on.

My 10th Anniversary Edition Miata (rest her soul) taught me a neat trick:
With windows up, as long as I maintained 60mph or so, the windshield washers blew back over the whole car. Then I learned the real trick.

I could drive in the rain with the top down and not get wet. Freaking perfect aerodynamic design pushed the wind (and rain) up and over and down the back nicely.

Loved the looks I would get from other drivers. Sunglasses on and ciggie in my mouth just cruising past them, smiling.

Now the Mustang is a little less refined and doesn't do it nearly as well. I have to be doing almost 80 for it to work, LOL!

Hmmm ... wonder what a ragtop HHR would look like? The 'vert PT is butt ugly, but I think Chevy could have sexed up the HHR for sure. Later on when Red is getting old, I may just take a sawzall to her roof.