General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Source for Heated Mirror Elements

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 07:05 AM

Source for Heated Mirror Elements

One of the missing options on the HHR is heated mirrors. Here up North, they are almost mandatory for the winter. So I found the following source for stick-on heated mirror elements. Since there is already a wiring harness going to the mirrors for the power mirror motors, it shouldn't be too hard to pull 2 more wires thru. I'll probably do this sometime during the summer to be ready for the winter. The plan is to hook them up to the rear defogger control so they are on when the rear defogger is on (this is the way the factory heated mirrors on our Suburban and Venture operate). Hopefully the factory service manual will finally become available by then so I can have the wiring diagrams.

Heated Mirror Elements

Steve
Old 04-28-2006, 07:08 AM
Banned

I agree about needing heated mirrors around here. I also have plans of adding them to my HHR at some point.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:24 AM

Only freezes about twice a year here in oklahoma.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:29 AM

Heated Mirrors? wow feel sorry for those of you that need smething like that.
I can not remember the last time we had to worry about something like that.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:39 AM

I can't remember a winter where we didn't have to worry about something like that. Ahhhh..............heated mirrors. One thing you don't have to scrape ice off of and worry about breaking. The next best thing since rear window defrosters and in-cab heating. (First fire engine I ever drove had LOUSY heat and no roof)
Old 04-28-2006, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
(First fire engine I ever drove had LOUSY heat and no roof)
I used to work for Crown Coach. We built school buses and fire trucks. If you ever watched Emergency, the L.A. County fire truck with no roof was one of ours.(I think I'm dating myself with this post hugh?)
Old 04-28-2006, 09:49 AM

The Crown was the first engine. Then they switched to Ward-LaFrance. But out in California, who needed roofs and heated mirrirs?
Old 04-28-2006, 12:48 PM

Must be an East Coast thing. I've lived in MN all my life and never had or needed heated mirrors. I suppose you would need the side windows deforsted first before they would do any good.

My HHR usually only sits out for 8-10 hours at night while I'm at work. With the remote start I don't think I've scaped windows all winter.

Sounds like you guys got the stick
Old 04-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Banned

I'm just lazy I guess. I want anything that shortens the amount of time I have to stand outside in the cold freezing my balls off scraping ice after I just woke up and before my morning coffee.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:14 PM

Instant Seat Coolers

Here in California, my kids wish that my seat warmers were actually seat coolers. Press a button and the AC immediately hits the inside of the seats, and instantly cools the leather...

I hope Mike at SoCalHHRs will soon offer them...

Quick Reply: Source for Heated Mirror Elements