Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   The Tale and End of my HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/tale-end-my-hhr-36974/)

bassbase 08-12-2011 09:54 AM

Sorry you had to let her go GasMan. I've been real interested in your situation when I first read about the engine blowing. Sounds like yours was just one of the few lemons from the getgo. Really a bad move on GM's part not to make it right and try to stand buy a buyer. Noboby wan't to waste money anytime but especially, when in this economy, you really can't afford to. The government bailed them out to save them and we buy their stuff to keep them alive not be d-bags and just pass their shortcomings onto the customer. To quote the movie Rockstar - "1 unsatisfied customer turns in to 2, 2 to 4 and so on. Next thing you know their fans go on to enjoy the styling or say...Ford"

nacademus 08-12-2011 09:55 AM

Did you have a custom tune on that SS?

1970judge 08-12-2011 09:58 AM

MMM I do love those new C30's! Good choice! I would have dumped that piece of **** LOOONG before you did!

Devils950003 08-12-2011 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by bassbase (Post 583465)
To quote the movie Rockstar - "1 unsatisfied customer turns in to 2, 2 to 4 and so on. Next thing you know their fans go on to enjoy the styling or say...Ford"

Don't know if you ever saw that movie w/the director commentary track, but he said that Mark Wahlberg had a really tough time getting through that scene without cracking up...even in the final cut, he pointed out how you see Mark still trying not to laugh.

Gas...sorry your experience had to be so brutal. Like I said in another post, it was clear that you loved your SS initially. Sounds like yours was just born bad, for whatever the reasons...would've been nice for GM to have understood that and made some kind of effort to help out.

LewiSS 08-12-2011 10:53 AM

Interesting you are willing to buy a Chinese car but not a Korean one. Hope it works out for you. This is yet another story that supports my theory that the Stage 1 is one of the worst pieces of crap GM has ever come up with because it is impossible for most of their untrained techs to install in a manner that actually works, and they refuse to stand behind it in reality.

Gas Man 08-12-2011 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by bassbase (Post 583465)
Sorry you had to let her go GasMan. I've been real interested in your situation when I first read about the engine blowing. Sounds like yours was just one of the few lemons from the getgo. Really a bad move on GM's part not to make it right and try to stand buy a buyer. Noboby wan't to waste money anytime but especially, when in this economy, you really can't afford to. The government bailed them out to save them and we buy their stuff to keep them alive not be d-bags and just pass their shortcomings onto the customer. To quote the movie Rockstar - "1 unsatisfied customer turns in to 2, 2 to 4 and so on. Next thing you know their fans go on to enjoy the styling or say...Ford"

Thanks, and I know what you mean about looking back in the past. But that is always 20/20 vision.

Originally Posted by nacademus (Post 583466)
Did you have a custom tune on that SS?

No.

Originally Posted by 1970judge (Post 583468)
MMM I do love those new C30's! Good choice! I would have dumped that piece of **** LOOONG before you did!

Yeah, it took me a while. Further, I think I'm more offended by GM because I gave them the chance to make good and they spat in my face.

Gas Man 08-12-2011 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Devils950003 (Post 583477)
Don't know if you ever saw that movie w/the director commentary track, but he said that Mark Wahlberg had a really tough time getting through that scene without cracking up...even in the final cut, he pointed out how you see Mark still trying not to laugh.

Gas...sorry your experience had to be so brutal. Like I said in another post, it was clear that you loved your SS initially. Sounds like yours was just born bad, for whatever the reasons...would've been nice for GM to have understood that and made some kind of effort to help out.

I agree, I think mine was a true lemon. As I said, my offense taken is more so that GM didn't offer to truly help.

Originally Posted by LewiSS (Post 583482)
Interesting you are willing to buy a Chinese car but not a Korean one. Hope it works out for you. This is yet another story that supports my theory that the Stage 1 is one of the worst pieces of crap GM has ever come up with because it is impossible for most of their untrained techs to install in a manner that actually works, and they refuse to stand behind it in reality.

I understand your conclusion, but Volvo is only owned or funded behind by a chinese company, where as Kea is totally korean. The company I work for is owned by a global energy company that even has ties to the middle east, yet I will not support terrorism. Same theory I believe.

You are 100% true on the stage 1, however, you will see ehre that it's about an even 50/50 for people having or not having issues with it. :skull1:

Zagohhr 08-12-2011 11:39 AM

That is really a sad tale man. In my own opinion, I will never buy a car made in México from any brand (I know that I´m going to spit up), mainly made at GM Ramos Arizpe plant. I love my HHR, the shape, the economy, the features, but Geez, is not an old car and I have replaced two fuel injectors, one hub bearing and soon the intermediate steering shaft. Also, I´ve struggled several times with a Ramos Arizpe plant that the company (not automotive) that I work owns. I would buy a car made in USA, Canada or Japan.

HHR_SS_QC 08-12-2011 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Zagohhr (Post 583496)
... I would buy a car made in USA, Canada or Japan.

And I would add Germany. :gnonespet: (those BMW, Mercs and Porsche aren't bad imho.) :smile:

EDIT: Oh and by the way.. This is my 1000th post. :D:propeller::nuts: When I bought the SS, i knew i would stick around this web site a lot longer than the other web sites.

Gas Man 08-12-2011 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Zagohhr (Post 583496)
That is really a sad tale man. In my own opinion, I will never buy a car made in México from any brand (I know that I´m going to spit up), mainly made at GM Ramos Arizpe plant. I love my HHR, the shape, the economy, the features, but Geez, is not an old car and I have replaced two fuel injectors, one hub bearing and soon the intermediate steering shaft. Also, I´ve struggled several times with a Ramos Arizpe plant that the company (not automotive) that I work owns. I would buy a car made in USA, Canada or Japan.

Problem is, that the real question is... Where are those parts made? Finally assembly can't always be blamed for craptastic parts.

My wife's Ford Fiesta was assembled in Mexico and we have only had it in the shop twice (3 days total) and otherwise been a great car.

But finally the funniest part about your post is that you're Mexican or at least from Mexico.