General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Thinking About HHR panel for my business

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 02:40 PM

lol
Old 12-25-2018, 09:28 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
It's virtually impossible to find a standard cab, full sized bed pickup truck anymore... You know an actual pickup truck.

Everything is 4 door with a mini size bed. Seriously, if you want an SUV, just buy an SUV... What people are buying and calling a "truck" these days is lame... /RANT
Ain't that the truth, & did GM really have to kill off the S-10 (my fav) & the Sonoma ?

Old 12-26-2018, 01:31 AM

I had a wagon then a few years later found my panel.
I would not trade my panel away for any thing.
I love driving it,and the wagon tooo.
Good luck in your search OP..!
You could put some of the signage over the side windows
and have the ability to have the back seat and it fold down
tooo.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:41 AM

If you're still looking...

There's 2 on eBay, 1 a Quarter Panel AA5 and 1 Panel.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Chevro...bzh8:rk:1:pf:0
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Chevro...ZFrl:rk:2:pf:0

I can share & understand your passion of the Panel & sm business logo desire. I personally didn't know the Panel even existed, I had seen the HHR but not paid much attention to it... didn't stir any passion,
In November went down to GA to examine a nice mod '34 Panel Delivery and couldn't justify the $40K plus price... but noticed a HHR Panel in the Custom Car's parking. Asked if it was a custom, and informed it was a HHR Panel. Outstandingly Cute, retro and it's own unique style; switched gears and began looking for HHR Panels for my little business venture. Read somewhere the HHR Panel was styled after the '47 Chevy Panel.

I recently purchased a 08 Panel LT, white, auto, 60K miles from a local Chevy Dealer, then 1 month later found a 08 Panel 2LT, maroon, 5sp manual, 80K miles on eBay. The one on eBay required arranging for a Transport to deliver to my home: East Coast to Midwest, so that added about $1K to the below book purchase.

Both bodies & interior were super on both, few little things to get them where I want them. White needed new headlights, new bumper mount clips FT & Rr and eventually a Ft bumper due to broken tabs, New Wheels & Tires and swapped the 2 Ft seats for a Ft & Rr Leather Interior. Maroon needed new Fobs, Tire TSP sensors, ZZP Tune, swapped Ft & Rr cloth for Ft & Rr leather Interior and planing for Spring warmer weather: suspension refresh, brake conversion 4 disc, and Gibson Exhaust. Recently acquired great condition running boards (grey) that I thought were White... will need to prime & paint now, too pricey to return.

These Panels (Wife White, mine maroon) are actually "just fun" to drive. Really like the smooth no-window indentation sides, really adds the sexy classic look.
They get great milage compared to my 5.7 hemi GC Jeep, actually perform better than expected, and as mentioned have ample hauling room. The headroom is great too, I'm 6'8" and fit nicely for small rig.

Personally, I think the Panel is destined to be a collector's model. Due to small production quantities, percentage already salvaged and the unique design and attraction. These will probably become more in demand over the years. I spent a good weekend rubbing & polishing the White one, installed nice 17" wheels and within a week at 2 separate occasions have been asked to sell. I'm in process of installing many new modern electronics in the white one for the Wife so will retain both proudly.

Good Luck on your Hunt!
Old 02-28-2019, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by dougcjohn
If you're still looking...

There's 2 on eBay, 1 a Quarter Panel AA5 and 1 Panel.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Chevro...bzh8:rk:1:pf:0
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Chevro...ZFrl:rk:2:pf:0

I can share & understand your passion of the Panel & sm business logo desire. I personally didn't know the Panel even existed, I had seen the HHR but not paid much attention to it... didn't stir any passion,
In November went down to GA to examine a nice mod '34 Panel Delivery and couldn't justify the $40K plus price... but noticed a HHR Panel in the Custom Car's parking. Asked if it was a custom, and informed it was a HHR Panel. Outstandingly Cute, retro and it's own unique style; switched gears and began looking for HHR Panels for my little business venture. Read somewhere the HHR Panel was styled after the '47 Chevy Panel.

I recently purchased a 08 Panel LT, white, auto, 60K miles from a local Chevy Dealer, then 1 month later found a 08 Panel 2LT, maroon, 5sp manual, 80K miles on eBay. The one on eBay required arranging for a Transport to deliver to my home: East Coast to Midwest, so that added about $1K to the below book purchase.

Both bodies & interior were super on both, few little things to get them where I want them. White needed new headlights, new bumper mount clips FT & Rr and eventually a Ft bumper due to broken tabs, New Wheels & Tires and swapped the 2 Ft seats for a Ft & Rr Leather Interior. Maroon needed new Fobs, Tire TSP sensors, ZZP Tune, swapped Ft & Rr cloth for Ft & Rr leather Interior and planing for Spring warmer weather: suspension refresh, brake conversion 4 disc, and Gibson Exhaust. Recently acquired great condition running boards (grey) that I thought were White... will need to prime & paint now, too pricey to return.

These Panels (Wife White, mine maroon) are actually "just fun" to drive. Really like the smooth no-window indentation sides, really adds the sexy classic look.
They get great milage compared to my 5.7 hemi GC Jeep, actually perform better than expected, and as mentioned have ample hauling room. The headroom is great too, I'm 6'8" and fit nicely for small rig.

Personally, I think the Panel is destined to be a collector's model. Due to small production quantities, percentage already salvaged and the unique design and attraction. These will probably become more in demand over the years. I spent a good weekend rubbing & polishing the White one, installed nice 17" wheels and within a week at 2 separate occasions have been asked to sell. I'm in process of installing many new modern electronics in the white one for the Wife so will retain both proudly.

Good Luck on your Hunt!
very similar story here, I didnt really give the HHR's much of a thought either. Traditionally i have big Ford trucks for biz purposes that get atrocious mpg. I inherited a PT Cruiser and just parked it in my boat lot and pretty much forgot about it. It was actually a very nice loaded out Limited, needed spare ride one day when my truck was getting some work done on it and drove the PT for a couple days. I liked driving the car but did not care for the PT or the Chrysler platform in any way but it did get me thinking about an HHR. At that point i got my mind set that it had to be a panel and it had to be sunset orange to match a pace car vette i had. Just out of sheer chance a friend of a friend had a car lot and he just got one in that was exactly that (orange panel) bought it without even seeing it and had it shipped. Was a bit of a fixer upper but only cosmetically, needed a hood a fender and a bumper which all came with it (in proper color to!). I got the car on a friday night around five PM and actually had the car on the road by seven thirty that night lol. Been driving it ever since and i gotta say this is one of the best little cars i have ever owned on so many levels. Every time i drive it i like it more and more. I have also resolved my self that i want a Panel SS but will probably have to build on from a standard SS due the rarity. . . . .
Old 02-28-2019, 08:57 PM
Platinum Member

In 2005 there was a TV program, that was a Custom Car "Build-Off" show sponsored by GM (I believe) & they got together 5 shops & each got a new HHR wagon & were told to do your thing to them. Whatever you want.
A couple of the shops right away converted them into Panels. I was hooked. & said right then, if Chevy ever makes a Panel Version, I will own one.
So doing my research I found this forum in 2006 & I lurked all year, reading everything I could, learning more about this new vehicle. .

For the 2007 model year Chevy introduced the HHR Panel. That's when I officially joined here.
And my search began. Being a bit fussy, it had to hit most of the boxes on my check list. It wasn't untill 2009 that I found the 2008, 2LT Panel I still have today.
And glad I passed on many till I found this one..,
Old 02-28-2019, 09:15 PM
Administrator

It did tell you , it likes you!
Old 02-28-2019, 09:35 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Oldblue
It did tell you , it likes you!
Seems so. I'm usually on to a different truck by this time, ( 8-10 years in) but I don't want to part with this one.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:29 AM

I get a chuckle, and just don’t get it when someone indicates the PT Cruiser looks “just like” the HHR... hard to tell apart, etc. Other than designed by same person, no simularities... even designer indicates the HHR was a major advancement over the PT. For me personally, the PT caught my eye for about 3 months as a cute retro, then it lost all appeal and became the odd ball design that never regained any interest. The HHR Panel is a totally different design and similar to above comments; has an enduring design that satisfies the eye and interests. The two being the same is like the new retro Challenger & Charger looking the same... which they don’t.

The SS Panel is sharp, really like the engine & suspension but I like the curvy rounded shape of standard more visually... looks more retro which is what I like. I considered a few SS Panels, one I believe was on this site... but like the curves more than the IROC look. I like the performance of the SS, love the red/black leather seats... would like to find the interior. I’ll probably take the 2LT down the upgrade road, even considered the turbo kit or the crate hi-perf motor. Never thought I’d be playing & modding a 4 cylinder, but so far it’s been a fun ride for an ole’ Fart.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:13 PM
Platinum Member

Dougcjohn- Back in the day, it was something for a stock V-8 to get 1 hp per cu in.

I'm old school, but these lil Eco-Tec's are lots of fun, & I have speeding tickets to prove that. Plus the Panels Rock..

Quick Reply: Thinking About HHR panel for my business