Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Took the Cruck in for oil, saw this... (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/took-cruck-oil-saw-4760/)

Black Beauty 09-22-2006 03:20 PM

Took the Cruck in for oil, saw this...

3 Attachment(s)
Took the Cruck in for oil change, saw this in front of dealership. $32,000.00.

James06 09-22-2006 03:22 PM

What did it have for the extra $14K? Solid gold interior or something? Maybe a COrvette Engine & drive train? It looks pretty good, but not that good!

Black Beauty 09-22-2006 03:41 PM

That`s exactly what I said... Did have leather w/suede inserts, Gray. No sun roof, No fogs, 2.2L engine, Starting price was $18,000.00 . That`s what I thought the price was until I looked in the windshield, and just casually laying there, the dealer tag/mark-up.

Ps . The rotors on the Cruck had warped, were squeaking when applied, warrantee covered it, Resurfaced or some such .

jx3 09-22-2006 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
Took the Cruck in for oil change, saw this in front of dealership. $32,000.00.

It looks like it's listed on their web site at 36K!!:eek: WAY TOO MUCH!!:eek:
Also they don't have any info, other than what standard on any 1LT model.

36K HHR

dhickey 09-22-2006 03:48 PM

Wow that is a sweet looking HHR, but I agree, way too much money for what you are getting...

Don

Black Beauty 09-22-2006 03:52 PM

Guess they were dealing, $4,000.00 off today... Wish I had known, dang..

GDZHHR 09-22-2006 03:58 PM

Thanks for the pics BB.:thumb:

That's one of the Southern Comfort conversions. Too bad they don't offer any of their kit to the public. They won't even sell it to a dealer. The dealer has to ship the car to them!:roll: I'm guessing that jacks up the price a bit!:eek:

calgaryhhr 09-22-2006 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
Thanks for the pics BB.:thumb:

That's one of the Southern Comfort conversions. Too bad they don't offer any of their kit to the public. They won't even sell it to a dealer. The dealer has to ship the car to them!:roll: I'm guessing that jacks up the price a bit!:eek:

GDZ is right about it being a Southern Comfort conversion. I saw the pictures of the work that they do on their website. I was emailing back and forth with them trying to get the running boards they have.

The whole process that they have seems slow, useless and expensive. First, you can not only by one piece. If you want the front bumper you need to get everything, if you want the running boards you need to get everything. That is costly especially if you only want part of what they offer. The do not sell their products to the public nor do they sell to dealers. They have a select number of dealers who take orders for them. After an order is placed the HHR needs to be sent to them in Alabama for the application and paint and all that jazz and then it is returned. The thing that took me by surprise is that you can't even set up a conversion directly with the company themselves. You have to go through one of their associated GM dealers. It's seems like this is all being done so that more money reachs more hands.

I like some of the mods they have and would like to get them done but they way this is being run is ridiculuous in my opinion. Makes me wonder how many of these conversion will actually happen and how many of these cars will sell. For 32,000 I would not be buying an HHR.

Z-Man 09-22-2006 05:16 PM

Black Beauty looks very nice but 32K come on its an HHR

RUDEINC 09-22-2006 05:19 PM

Hey, I know where that dealership is......too funny.....I used to deliver parts (wheels and tires) to their bodyshop about 15 years ago.