Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Traded in my bagged hhr (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/traded-my-bagged-hhr-34221/)

garagebuilt 02-27-2011 09:46 AM

Traded in my bagged hhr

Got rid of the bagged hhr. A Honda dealer had a z71 I wanted and they were kind enough to take my hhr as a trade and they actually gave me what I owed. They don't know anything about the air bags so it will be funny when it runs out of air

2010SilverIceSS 02-27-2011 12:03 PM

When I traded in my truck for the SS, they had no idea it should have been totaled a few months before. But they did almost 6 grand in body work and when they went for a test drive, the trans was cooked. Truck was only valued at 6700 and I still got 4500 for it on trade in.

Dave

bk94si 02-27-2011 03:20 PM

I hate to say this but that stinks both of you. :(

urbexHHR 02-27-2011 03:42 PM

That's why dealers prices go up up up for everything...

Lucky 02-27-2011 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by bk94si (Post 538983)
I hate to say this but that stinks both of you. :(

x2:nono:

Mrs. DLVRNIT 02-27-2011 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by garagebuilt (Post 538874)
Got rid of the bagged hhr. A Honda dealer had a z71 I wanted and they were kind enough to take my hhr as a trade and they actually gave me what I owed. They don't know anything about the air bags so it will be funny when it runs out of air

Originally Posted by 2010SilverIceSS (Post 538923)
When I traded in my truck for the SS, they had no idea it should have been totaled a few months before. But they did almost 6 grand in body work and when they went for a test drive, the trans was cooked. Truck was only valued at 6700 and I still got 4500 for it on trade in.

Dave

:lol: We love it! Maybe the dealerships should do a more thurough inspection when purchasing or taking a vehicle in trade ;)! How many times do you see that they sell cars as is only to have the purchaser be told he's :mad: S.O.L.?

Peace.....

GDZHHR 02-27-2011 06:41 PM

it's known as full disclosure, can you say "fraud"?

damronjr 02-27-2011 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR (Post 539081)
it's known as full disclosure, can you say "fraud"?

On the part of the dealer selling the car or the person trading it in? I don't think I've ever been asked to disclose any information on any of the vehicles I have ever traded in. They do their own inspection, you expect them to do it well.

lunchbox 02-27-2011 06:44 PM

ah man, that sucks. sad to see this one go, but at least you had your fun with it. did the dealership even ask about the suspension? or you had it at ride height? what dealership, i'm curious as to how much they plan on sellin it for

garagebuilt 02-27-2011 07:32 PM

I told them it was bagged they didn't ask. They dogged me for painting it myself too. They called around and had three people give them offers before they would tell me what they would give me. So I'm sure they had it sold rig away for what they gave me. They wouldn't let me take anything but the speaker and amp. I really wanted to swap wheel but I couldnt. It was the Honda dealer in lake Jackson tx. I still have a 51 chevy to play with so I don't think I'll miss it too much. It looked good in pics but it had problems. Exhaust leaks check engine lights cause of the evap canister and what not

87silver 02-27-2011 07:43 PM

It works both ways. "As is" is "as is". (can you say that 10 times?). You never hear of a used car lot fully disclosing any issues to a customer.

Years ago, a VW dealership sold me a Super Beetle with a transmission that popped out of gear in reverse. On a test drive, it didn't present itself. They denied everything and I was a 20 year old with a loan and on the hook for a transmission.

I feel that anything that the public can get out of these crooks doesn't even chip the iceberg compared to what they do to the public. It's not fraud. It's buyer beware and again, it works both ways...

Mrs. DLVRNIT 02-27-2011 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by 87silver (Post 539096)
It works both ways. "As is" is "as is". (can you say that 10 times?). You never hear of a used car lot fully disclosing any issues to a customer.

Years ago, a VW dealership sold me a Super Beetle with a transmission that popped out of gear in reverse. On a test drive, it didn't present itself. They denied everything and I was a 20 year old with a loan and on the hook for a transmission.

I feel that anything that the public can get out of these crooks doesn't even chip the iceberg compared to what they do to the public. It's not fraud. It's buyer beware and again, it works both ways...

:twothumbs: X 2 :twothumbs:

jay loukakis 02-27-2011 07:52 PM

dealer gets what he DESERVES.

In 1954 I had just gottenout of the service, my uncle was an an Exective in the movie industry, bought anew Lincoln a lemon to start with, power windows would not stay up so we blocked them up with woodm the trans was shot filled that withoat meal and put honey in the engine as it would burn it so fast had the tires regrooved, looled perfect he traded it in on a new Lincoln hate to think what the dealer did with it.:skull:

GDZHHR 02-27-2011 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by garagebuilt (Post 539095)
I told them it was bagged they didn't ask. They dogged me for painting it myself too. They called around and had three people give them offers before they would tell me what they would give me. So I'm sure they had it sold rig away for what they gave me. They wouldn't let me take anything but the speaker and amp. I really wanted to swap wheel but I couldnt. It was the Honda dealer in lake Jackson tx. I still have a 51 chevy to play with so I don't think I'll miss it too much. It looked good in pics but it had problems. Exhaust leaks check engine lights cause of the evap canister and what not

sounds like you told them all they needed to know then, sorry

IgottaWoody 02-27-2011 09:45 PM

Wow ..its ok for the dealer to play the numbers game with people and rip em on trade offs and interest but no ok for the Gander........better get the mirrors out

whopper 02-27-2011 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR (Post 539101)
sounds like you told them all they needed to know then, sorry

Good on you man!!! :thumb:

2010SilverIceSS 02-28-2011 08:01 AM

Hey, in my defense; I found out later that they had it up for sale at $8600. But, anytime you buy a used car, you should check the title. I'm pretty sure they never sold it at that price, unless someone was dumb enough not to check the backround of it.

Dave

urbexHHR 02-28-2011 12:05 PM

Yeah...it's pretty bad when the whole world is about seeking revenge. What happened to just being nice to others?

Mrs. DLVRNIT 02-28-2011 12:35 PM

My comments were not revenged based! We have heard of to many scenarios in which the consumer is the one that is told "Buyer Be Ware" or "Sorry But You Bought it As Is"! We feel that the same goes for a dealership especially with there available resources! We have traded in vehicles with no major issues and if they want to know what underlying issues may exsist they are free to do an inspection or even a Car Fax report ;)!

Peace.....

garagebuilt 03-01-2011 11:37 AM

So yesterday I went back and they were supposed to have a tech take out my bucket seats and install the stock ones. Well the joke was on me I had to do it and all the tools they had were a ratchet vice grips and some 24" channel locks. It only took me about three hours. The cool part was when I pulled the rear seats and found the carpet was covered in mouse droppings. The foam under the carpet was eaten too. Never saw the mouse. The salesman didn't even care when he found out the factory seats won't bolt in. He said to just make it look like it was.

I also noticed they had used half a tank of air in 2 days. I can't wait til it runs out and it's stuck there