General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

trailer hitch brands

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:50 PM

trailer hitch brands

Since everyone is so good about sharing information here is mine. If you are considering installing a trailer hitch I'm sure you are concerned about how it will look ect. Sequence Company owns Hidden Hitch (60815), Draw-Tite (24756) and Reese (R77132) so no matter which one you order they are all the same with the different brand label applied. If you go to the installation instructions on any of the web sites you will see the three part numbers I listed in the upper right hand corner of directions. The hitch as pictured in the installation instructions is what it actually looks like contrary to what you see on some sites. Also I wouldn't use the Curt (11332) hitch as you have to drill holes thru the side of the spare tire wheel well to attach it to your vehicle. Only class I hitches are available. I believe the etrailer.com site has the most accurate actual photo of the Hidden Hitch (60815) which should be the same as the other two brands.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:52 PM

Thanks for the info Denny and welcome to the site!
Old 01-30-2007, 08:29 AM

For this class of hitch, I shopped for the lowest cost, which was Hidden Hitch. Curt of the only one I saw that needed more modding to fit. No issues with mine.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:27 AM

I hope to get a hidden hitch with my tax return money.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:32 PM

does anyone have a pic of what the hitch looks like installed?
Old 01-30-2007, 11:57 PM

I got a hidden hitch on Ebay for $119 shipped... Awesome deal. Installation took about 30 minutes in my driveway with no special tools required, aside from a wratchet and a few sockets.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by denny
Since everyone is so good about sharing information here is mine. If you are considering installing a trailer hitch I'm sure you are concerned about how it will look ect. Sequence Company owns Hidden Hitch (60815), Draw-Tite (24756) and Reese (R77132) so no matter which one you order they are all the same with the different brand label applied. If you go to the installation instructions on any of the web sites you will see the three part numbers I listed in the upper right hand corner of directions. The hitch as pictured in the installation instructions is what it actually looks like contrary to what you see on some sites. Also I wouldn't use the Curt (11332) hitch as you have to drill holes thru the side of the spare tire wheel well to attach it to your vehicle. Only class I hitches are available. I believe the etrailer.com site has the most accurate actual photo of the Hidden Hitch (60815) which should be the same as the other two brands.

Almost correct. The parent company is actually Cequent Towing Products out of Plymouth, Michigan.

The brands include U-Haul, Draw-Tite, Reese, Hidden Hitch, Fulton, Wesbar, Bull Dog, Crown, Eclipse, SnowCo, SurePull, and Tekonsha as well as many OEM hitches. They are all made in the same plant. There are sometimes variations depending on what each company wants, but more often than not the hitch is the same.

Also, U-Haul owns the Draw-Tite brand.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:34 AM

thanks for the pic, have you towed anything with it yet? i have a jet ski that i want to tow with mine.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:07 PM

Another number that will fit: Valley #58020, even though their catalog is a pain and does not list the HHR. (The number is listed for the Cobalt, which is the same hitch as the Reese/Draw-Tite/Hidden Hitch)

BTW, that's about right for how my hitch looks, except mine is a Reese.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:13 PM

I posted a how-to install a trailer hitch where I installed the Hidden Hitch on my 1LT. I pull my ATV with it.

Quick Reply: trailer hitch brands