Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Two questions - Windows & Turn signals (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/two-questions-windows-turn-signals-4710/)

SoCal4me 09-19-2006 08:05 PM

Two questions - Windows & Turn signals

1) Does anyone know if the function one touch drivers window switch in lowering the window is in the switch itself or elsewhere? I mean could the other 3 window switches be replaced to gain the one touch window lowering capability? Or does it reside in some computer function that can't be reprogramed?

2) Does anyone know if the function of the turn signal that gives you a single flash when you slightly move it up or down (for left & right) can be replaced with with Cadillac type, that gives 3 flashes for a single movement?

Am I making any sense?

Applenut 09-19-2006 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by SoCal4me
1)Am I making any sense?

YES!:thumb:

Sorry, that's the only question I can answer.:(

cliffy97 09-19-2006 10:12 PM

1) I believe there is a acuator below the down button. If you barely tap the button, you can make the window go down just a lil bit.

Dan

Black Beauty 09-20-2006 06:38 AM

Not trying to get in trouble here , but, WHY??? I know the buttons are in a BAD location, sometimes I actually move the wrong window. Sometimes I don`t want the drivers window to ZOOM down and have to stop it , distraction... So, why would you want to have the opportunity of having all your windows opening out of control, while you`re driving.
Maybe you like the # 3, one flash,two flash, whats the diff. heck you don`t think the person you`re signaling is counting the flashes do you. I`m sure that some CAD. dealer would love to experiment with your turn sig., and wallet...

EL_REY 09-20-2006 09:48 AM

speaking of the window switches...
has anyone done a mod or anything that has put the window switches on the doors(relocation)...

i was thinking of leaving the 2 front switches where they are, but having a body shop or whoever relocate/replace the other 2 switches to be put in the rear doors.

DJ Koz 09-20-2006 09:59 AM

Don't the rear doors have their own window switches?

cyberone3 09-20-2006 10:34 AM

yes they do

GDZHHR 09-20-2006 10:48 AM

My take on this is do what ya want if it makes ya happy.:thumb:

I am checking into getting a set of switches so that I can install one on the front door panels.:cool:

Took me a while to find the ones on the back doors, never thought to look there.:roll: I have to tell everyone who sits in back since they can't find them either!

EL_REY 09-20-2006 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
My take on this is do what ya want if it makes ya happy.:thumb:

I am checking into getting a set of switches so that I can install one on the front door panels.:cool:

Took me a while to find the ones on the back doors, never thought to look there.:roll: I have to tell everyone who sits in back since they can't find them either!

:breakdanc :rof: :nuts:
HAH i guess i should have looked

SoCal4me 09-21-2006 07:33 PM

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I appreciate this site and everyones contributions and chatter. Having been through my younger hot rodding days when single and now being old & married with more concern for my wife's comfort, safety, preferences, and convenience, sometimes the mods I might have an interest in fit those interests.

For me I like the idea of a one touch lowering of the other windows. Perhaps our one button on the drivers window is too sensitive. Other window buttons I have used in other cars are 2 stage where the first lighter pressure touch only runs the window normally and it takes a slightly firmer push to engage the "one touch" feature.

As for the triple sequence light touch turn signal. . .I also want to let people know that I want to move over (or am in the process of. .) and I think it would be a nice feature to add especially if it's not really any more trouble than replacing a flasher. Not every change (improvement for some) has to be "bigger, faster, lower, louder, shinier" to be wanted. Although I love all those things shown and done here as much as the next guy. Many thanks all.