General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

UAF - Reconfigurable Performance Display

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 02:39 PM

UAF - Reconfigurable Performance Display

Just ordered my 09 SS, fully loaded EXCEPT for the Reconfigurable Performance Display, new for 09. Dealer could not find this option listed in the GM system? Can anyone confirm it's availability?
Old 07-08-2008, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Canuck
Just ordered my 09 SS, fully loaded EXCEPT for the Reconfigurable Performance Display, new for 09. Dealer could not find this option listed in the GM system? Can anyone confirm it's availability?
Option UAF is in the '09 order guide.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:28 PM

I was told by my dealer that it was unavailable indefinitely... So I ordered the SS panel without it. It looks like a gizmo for the most part but would have been a nice extra to have. The salesman had no idea what I was talking about but the manager was on it... He knew exactly what I was asking for.
I was also hoping for a rear view camera as an option but no dice for 09. I'll be doing that upgrade on my own I guess!

(counting the days to delivery)
Old 07-08-2008, 10:18 PM

Darn, as a Techie (nerd) was really looking forward to that feature.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by exjeeper
I was told by my dealer that it was unavailable indefinitely... So I ordered the SS panel without it. It looks like a gizmo for the most part but would have been a nice extra to have. The salesman had no idea what I was talking about but the manager was on it... He knew exactly what I was asking for.
I was also hoping for a rear view camera as an option but no dice for 09. I'll be doing that upgrade on my own I guess!

Could be similar to the Brembo brakes for '08 SS's. They were supposed to be available but never materialized. Now they are supposedly ready for the '09 models. Could be that the Cobalt will get the UAF option for '09 with the HHR SS following.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:02 PM

The Brembo's are included as part of the performance package... one of the few options that I did get actually...
Old 07-08-2008, 11:17 PM

The Brembo's are included as part of the performance package... one of the few options that I did get actually...
Yep, for '09 models but they were supposed to available for '08 models and never made it.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:03 AM

Go to a new dealer!

Definitely available and you will want to off yourself if you see an HHR with it.

Check it out: www.gmtunersource.com
Old 08-17-2008, 12:16 AM
XXL

Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
Definitely available and you will want to off yourself if you see an HHR with it.

Meh.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
Go to a new dealer!

That performance display you are linking to happens to be showing the Cobalt pillar mounted display, not the HHR SS dash mounted display. That whole article features the Colbalt and only mentions the ECOTEC family of engines. In the HHR SS, the pillar mounted boost gauge is gone. In it's place is the dash mounted reconfigurable performance display. Also, I have read that the screen is split so you can monitor multiple displays at the same time.

Quick Reply: UAF - Reconfigurable Performance Display