General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Well, I was going to simply ignore them...but now I have to murder them all.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 11:40 PM

Angry Well, I was going to simply ignore them...but now I have to murder them all.

You see folks. My car had this little cute spider living in it since as far back as I could remember.

It was little, yellow, and minded its own business.

As of lately, while filling up my car one night, my girlfriend was sitting in the passenger seat and let out a yelp. I walk over to see her pointing at a small brownish yellow spider on the outside of the windshield. With regret, I murder the little bastard. I don't typically mind having a bug or two living in my proximity-not so much in my house, but in my car or garage.

Anyways. I took notice of this creature... and found about 8 more on my car.

Dead, dead, dead, dead, dead, dead, dead, dead-I squashed them ruthlessly.

I felt bad, sure. They are living creatures and deserve a chance to procreate and die.

Well. They were procreating and now they need to die.

They're freaking everywhere. EVERYWHERE!! Not so much INSIDE my car, but outside.

Tonight, while I was about to jack up my car to undercoat it in the morning, I see about 10 of them, 3 fighting on my driver's side window-the rest on my roof.

I found out what type of spider they are. They are famous for a rather LARGE Mazda recall recently. They are "Cheiracanthium"-infamously known as "the yellow sac spider".

Well guess what, Mr. Yellow Sac Spider and all your damn friends, I intend on seeking you all out and punching you all in your damn face.

I have to kill them-every last one of them. Apparently their venom is necrotic. Eats your flesh.

I was just going to pound each one into oblivion with my hammerfist, or flying triangle kick them in their mandibles, but I guess I need to find a more thorough and economical way of genocide.

I think some may be living in my mirrors. Some in the back seam between the rear hatch and its weather seal. I don't believe they are in my car, per se.

Anyone have any ideas on what I could do to get them out? When I thought there was only one, I was like, "cool". When I found three, I was like "hrmmm... no funny business, you little bastard." Now, I have found 10+.

This is war.
I will post pictures of my necrotic lesions when I'm done getting my ass handed to me...

...to be continued.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:43 PM

well thanks for sharing..................now i got the shivers..............
Old 09-04-2011, 12:12 AM

I killed about 6 of them with a roll of paper towels. I proceeded to hose my car off and all of the sudden a thunder storm happens. Great.

These little bastards are under some sort of divine protection...

Holding a water hose at 1:00 AM while a ton of lightening is going off all around you isn't the best idea one could make.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:04 AM

Flying Triangle Kick to the Mandibles! Fck me runnin that's funny. Man that's a trip, all of them on the outside. I wonder if a google of what kills spiders added to a car wash solution and a through dosing might work. good luck.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:41 AM

I'm thinkin Seven powder blown in behind the mirrors should kill them in there. I'll make a water/seven mix to blow into the seams they hide in. It should cake in there and harden. FML
Old 09-04-2011, 02:48 AM

i made a video of me killing them with my phone. As I was gonna stop it, I felt a web or somethin grab my ear and cheek. I was forced to spike the phone and run away as fast as I could flailing my arms like a little girl screaming.

you know. like you do bees. except in the middle of the night in a lightning storm while holding the hose.

Name:  IMAG1240.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  33.0 KB

Here's to hoping they can't swim...
Old 09-04-2011, 03:13 AM

I think you're on the right track. Sevin-up those spiders hard! They can definitely be pesky and you need to get the upper hand as soon as possible. I remember years ago dealing with bug infestation issues on some landscaping. Sevin solved the problem in short order.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:07 AM

Your spider tale got me curious, so I was doing some research. From some of the info I've found, Sevin doesn't seem to really be recommended for spiders. The little info I've found indicates better success with Pyrethrum or the synthetic version Permethrin. Pyrethrum is safer as it breaks down quickly, whereas Permethrin can be very toxic to cats and some other animals. I recall that Billy the Exterminator (A&E tv show) uses Pyrethrum INSIDE of homes to control roaches, so it should be safe around humans and normal domestic animals. As always, read labels and precautionary statements, and use product accordingly.

Here's one link to some info: http://www.livingwithbugs.com/permethrin_pyrethrum.html

And another link: http://howtogetridofspiders.blogspot...secticide.html

I did not find any info to use around or on a vehicle, and I would always have some concern about various chemicals on paint. I have no idea if any of these items will harm car finishes if left on, particularly if wet from hose, rain, or dew.

Last edited by JavaMann; 09-04-2011 at 04:52 AM. Reason: added a link
Old 09-04-2011, 06:35 AM

I will never forget doing the show Oklahoma, the director insisted on having real hay bales on stage, what a nightmare! Bugs galore!. got into one of our vans and infestation! Long story short, covered the car with visqueen, opened the windows and fogged it from underneath. this way here there was no blowing posion directly into the car. Worked like a charm, no more buggies!
followed up by a wash and vacumn. did the same to the hay bales, then flame retarded them- another bad story
Old 09-04-2011, 06:55 AM

Spiders are cool.....

Quick Reply: Well, I was going to simply ignore them...but now I have to murder them all.