Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   What is the stupidest design error? (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/what-stupidest-design-error-36081/)

Greybeard999 06-21-2011 03:53 PM

I noticed after I posted. :thumb:

sleeper 06-22-2011 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by HHorange (Post 572479)
Sleeper,
No thanks, I ride too many miles a year.......

You ride what you want though............

HHorange-

My Bikes are my 1st picks of transport..So I rack miles on them..

It's all good..;)

joeypete 06-22-2011 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by jx3 (Post 572258)
The mirror can be adjusted so the top of it almost hits the headliner. Turn mirror face down, push up, realign mirror.:thumb:

I checked and mine doesn't do that :( I did manage to lower my seat a bit and that helped some.

interrex 06-22-2011 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by interrex (Post 571110)
The chimes, chimes when you shut the lights off, chimes when you don't have seat belt on when you start it up, chimes on low fuel, I would like to find out WHO decided to put the chimes in the stereo speakers. This has to be a pet peeve of mine. The power window buttons gets the dumb ass award. Engineering genius award for the battery in the back with no way to open the lift gate if the battery is dead .

The dam gas cap on the wrong side of the vehicle. Here we are trying to pull up to the pump and we fight to get the pump position. The gas goes up at one station, there is a mad rush to fill up at the others. My new foreign car gas cap is on the proper side of the country that you drive on.

843de 06-22-2011 08:17 AM

Gas cap/fuel fill placement is basically tied into the location of the exhaust and tailpipe. Left side exhaust = right side fill location, at least on lots of vehicles, for safety....who knows, but it never bothered me.

All that being said, I'd love to go back the the days of the center fill like on my '67, never had to remember which side to pull up on and the hose always reaches.

Lil Cheney 06-22-2011 09:34 PM

I always have the passenger side seat recline. Blocks my view whenI look over my right should sometimes

timehhr2 06-22-2011 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by interrex (Post 572780)
The dam gas cap on the wrong side of the vehicle. Here we are trying to pull up to the pump and we fight to get the pump position. The gas goes up at one station, there is a mad rush to fill up at the others. My new foreign car gas cap is on the proper side of the country that you drive on.

My Saturn ION started me with right side fillers - now with the HHR both our cars will be that way. I haven't found it to be a problem at all - in fact it's a blessing when the line at the pump is all for the left fill & I can cruise right up & take the left hand side of a two sided pump & often save a long wait. It does take a bit of getting used to. My last center fill was my 1973 Corvette. High up on the rear deck - managed to get fuel on the paint far too many times with that. But it looked good! For some reason more and more recent vehicles of all brands have the filler on the right. I like the the little arrow they added to the fuel gauge (by law I hear) about a decade ago so I know to glance at that when I'm in a rental so I won't get caught on the wrong side of the pump. Very handy.

Mowgli 06-22-2011 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lil Cheney (Post 572958)
I always have the passenger side seat recline. Blocks my view whenI look over my right should sometimes

First mod I did was remove the back seat headrests.
I either recline the passenger seat or fold it down to use it's back as a table.

nacademus 06-23-2011 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mowgli (Post 572968)
First mod I did was remove the back seat headrests.
I either recline the passenger seat or fold it down to use it's back as a table.

My first mod was the rear wiper arm mod... to this day, I still don't understand why it wasn't this way from the factory.

Ok, another design flaw. How about a layer of paint that is as thin and brittle as tissue paper? My damn Cobalt was the same way.

tucsondivots 06-23-2011 10:35 PM

Just had a flat on my 2006 LT on the front and had no issues with the donut....