Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Windshield Wipers (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/windshield-wipers-12364/)

07HHR2LT 12-31-2007 09:02 PM

Windshield Wipers

Hey Folks,

First off...Happy New Years to you all!!! I may be in a different situation because I am in the Midwest tundra, but I have had difficulty with my windshield wipers. I have an '07 with 30,xxx on it and every time it has either rained or snowed, my windshield wipers have acted up. The left one doesn't work at all, or the right one won't clean the entire windshield.

Anyone had the same problem? Any fixes for this problem? Is it covered under warranty?

Thanks. Good luck and God bless in the New Year!:cool:

Bill

an08HHR 01-01-2008 09:05 AM

Should be covered 100% by warranty. If it acts up at the dealer, they can replace or fix whatever the prob is. I still have a 05 Dodge Ram and last winter the wipers were slow to come on when it got cold or took a few seconds before coming on. Dealer couldn't do anything as long as they worked for them. One morning it was 5 degrees and the wipers did not do anything. Rushed down to the Dodge dealer and kept the heater off to keep things cold before anything warmed up and they still didn't work for them so they ordered new motor assy. Wipers came on, on way home but new unit came in two days later and everything is A OK now. Warranty covered it all

ilgallo 01-01-2008 09:41 AM

My first snow storm with my new-ish 07, drove home from work for 7 hours, going ~40 miles. The driver's side wiper failed. Started going out of synch and then just quit. I had pulled to the side and cleared wiper motor area from both sides several times. Pulled over after it totally failed and found there was no tension on the arm. Was counselled to pop the hood and clear any ice dam build-up really well. Seems a problem with design, the well being tucked under hood. Not sure how I feel about that, granted it was an extreme situation. Took it in the next day and was a warrantied repair.

crazybob 01-01-2008 02:50 PM

I had this happen to me on the driver's side in a bad storm. I took the cover off of the end of the arm, tightened the nut down really good and have not had the problem since and this was almost 2 years ago.

Both scenarios above sound to me like the nut came loose as well.

an08HHR 01-01-2008 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by crazybob (Post 223872)
I had this happen to me on the driver's side in a bad storm. I took the cover off of the end of the arm, tightened the nut down really good and have not had the problem since and this was almost 2 years ago.

Both scenarios above sound to me like the nut came loose as well.

NOt on mine. I removed the cowling and checked the elec connections and mechanical connections, only came on when I ran warm water from the garden hose over the area or the temp warmed up some. Dealer said it was a defective motor assembly.

crazybob 01-01-2008 04:10 PM

:p:

Originally Posted by an08HHR (Post 223880)
NOt on mine. I removed the cowling and checked the elec connections and mechanical connections, only came on when I ran warm water from the garden hose over the area or the temp warmed up some. Dealer said it was a defective motor assembly.

Thank goodness for the warranty!!
:p: