General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Diesel HHR ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 12:58 PM

Diesel HHR ?

Just curious if our European members had the option of getting a diesel HHR?

I know that some American cars are sold in Europe with diesel engines, but I'm pretty sure that all of them are actually built in European factories rather than being shipped over there from here with diesel engines.

Are all the HHR's built in a single factory or are there multiple factories building them an if so where? Or are we all driving Mexican HHR's ?
Old 11-25-2009, 03:41 PM

My last car was a VW Jetta wagon TDI. I'm pretty sure GM doesn't make a Diesel HHR but if they did I would definitely buy one!
Old 11-25-2009, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Irontrader
Just curious if our European members had the option of getting a diesel HHR?

I know that some American cars are sold in Europe with diesel engines, but I'm pretty sure that all of them are actually built in European factories rather than being shipped over there from here with diesel engines.

Are all the HHR's built in a single factory or are there multiple factories building them an if so where? Or are we all driving Mexican HHR's ?
All HHR's are built in Mexico. The ones that made it to Europe are for the most part imports off the record as GM has imported very few.

Diesels are not available in HHR's anywhere and to this point I do not even recall GM even doing a prototype one.

For the most many in Europe do not understand the HHR as they realy do not understand 1948 Suburbans. There are some fans and those who do understand them in Europe but for the most it is an American thing.

The motor press in Europe is not very kind when it comes to the styling of the HHR or PT. They just don't get the retro thing even though they sell the new Mini there.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:09 PM

Euro HHRs, at least the German ones are LPG/Propane (Liquefied petroleum gas) and not Gasoline powered. They have a different tank system located in the spare tire area. I would rather have one of those than a diesel or gas powered HHR.

German HHR Forum has quite a few HHR owners over there
http://www.hhrforum.de/index.php
Old 11-25-2009, 04:47 PM

Thumbs up Tim's evolving HHR Salt Flat Racer.....

Wow Tim, Your HHR is certainly evolving, and I am entertained. Not one to spoil a surprise, but I think I have the end result here. Of course, my Elvis will be looking just like this in a week. Hah, hah, hah. God Bless, Marc
Old 11-25-2009, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by TkHHR
German HHR Forum has quite a few HHR owners over there
http://www.hhrforum.de/index.php
I'm impressed! Didn't think the Germans would have a HHR site. I know enough German to get around the website and know basically what is being posted but my German sentence structure keeps me from being able to carry on intelligent conversations.

Been going to Europe almost every year lately and have been a tour guide for collectors of antique engines which is my main hobby.

Next time in Germany I'll have to watch for some of the German HHR's!