General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Wrecked It

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 09:10 AM

Wrecked It

Well, I wrecked the crap out of my HHR yesterday..
Driving down a city street in traffic.. Blue pickup in front of me...
Of course you can't see thru a pickup...
So suddely he shoots off to the left across three lanes of traffic and I look and traffic is stopped in front of me... BAM !

No brake lights, No signal, No tail lights at all.. But at least he saved himself I guess...Bastard...

Don't think it's totaled...At the shop now.. I'll get pics when I go to meet the adjuster this afternoon...

So, that little scratch and hail dent in the hood will get fixed now...

And when it's all over with it'll only cost me $500.00 plus the increase in my insurance premiums.. What a deal...

Another day in paradise..

John
Old 03-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Deceased

Sorry to hear about your accident, but as long as you're OK, that's the most important part.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Banned

Angry

Originally Posted by JPSpen
Well, I wrecked the crap out of my HHR yesterday..
Driving down a city street in traffic.. Blue pickup in front of me...
Of course you can't see thru a pickup...
So suddely he shoots off to the left across three lanes of traffic and I look and traffic is stopped in front of me... BAM !

No brake lights, No signal, No tail lights at all.. But at least he saved himself I guess...Bastard...

Don't think it's totaled...At the shop now.. I'll get pics when I go to meet the adjuster this afternoon...

So, that little scratch and hail dent in the hood will get fixed now...

And when it's all over with it'll only cost me $500.00 plus the increase in my insurance premiums.. What a deal...

The guy I rear ended went to jail because he didn't have a license or insurance.. Hopefully my insurance company won't have to fix his car due to this...

Another day in paradise..

John
you shouldve floored it and got it totalled.. and then kicked the guys ass i hate when people shoot off like that
Old 03-29-2011, 09:19 AM

You hate when people try to save themselves from wrecking?
Old 03-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Banned

He means when they do it last minute, im sure he was on his phone and not paying attention and did that.. shoot, I wish I had been there. I woulda been a witness for ya, and kept ya'll safe.
sorry to hear ya wrecked, but at least you are fine. That's the biggest thing.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:31 AM

All I had time to do was react....Jammed on the brakes and yelled a few bad words...Couldn't have thought about doing anything else..

Luckily the air bag didn't hit me as far as I can tell... I'm sore in the back of my neck and have a bruise on my left shoulder from the seat belt..

I've never wrecked with an air bag before.. It kind of obscures the accident while it's happening...I'm just glad I didn't catch that thing in the face...
Old 03-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Premium Member

Sorry to hear your baby got scrunched Glad you are ok its rugged out there seems there is a never ending supply of drivers to avoid
Old 03-29-2011, 09:36 AM

Glad to hear your ok.

But I'm confused, he had time to avoid the accident, but you didn't? And how is this the trucks fault?
Old 03-29-2011, 09:51 AM

I never really said it was the truck's fault.. But he caused it to happen..
Had he been driving like he should have been he would have slowed and stopped or slowed, signaled, and turned.. As it happened he had enough warning to swerve. It's the way it would be correographed it you were trying to wreck someone..
The front car stops... The blocker doesn't slow down and just barely misses the stopped car. The car behind the blocker doesn't stand a chance..

I'm just glad I wasn't going very fast, we were probably at least ten under the speed limit.. And that minimized the damage... Otherwise it would have been totaled... Just a new front clip probably.. It didn't get back to the tires..
Just the AC condenser was pushed back into the radiator..Bumper and headlights are smashed...Hood and grill smashed..
The bumper submarined under the Honda.. I will say this, The Honda had FAR less damage than the HHR...

I'll get some good pics this afternoon...

John
Old 03-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1970judge
You hate when people try to save themselves from wrecking?
exactly, quick swerve to save yourself with no regards to your surroundings or the safety as others, he could've slowed, and signaled . but that takes to much effort or he got a model of truck that doesnt have turn signals i see alot of those around here. I guess thats why my wife drives me most of the time cus of my logic i wouldve followed him and had a nice little chat

Quick Reply: Wrecked It