GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

GM Ignition Recall Extended to All HHR's 2006-2011 UPDATED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 07:41 AM

Just spoke with a GM associate, she explained that letters won't be sent out until April and parts availability won't be until April also. I told her I've had these sort of problems already, she told me to contact my dealer as soon as I can to see what they can do about it.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:24 AM

I just PM fastsuv becasue he bought my old 06 HHR. This happened to me when I owned the car. I had my own business at the time and carried a lot of keys. I was on a back road and went over a rough RR crossing and the car shut off. I got on the shoulder and restarted the car. I figured it was the weight of the keys. I started carrying seperate keyrings for work and the car mainly becase i hated all the keys in my pocket. hope no one here had a bad situation becase of this recall and issue.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:29 AM
Deceased

Originally Posted by Bigpatshhr
Just spoke with a GM associate, she explained that letters won't be sent out until April and parts availability won't be until April also. I told her I've had these sort of problems already, she told me to contact my dealer as soon as I can to see what they can do about it.
That confirms what I was told this morning by a GM rep, early to mid April for the letters to go out and approximately the same time frame for parts availability.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:52 AM

Was wondering when they were gonna expand it to us. I had the same issue. Luckily i realized what happened and popped neutral and restarted and contintuned on my way
Old 02-26-2014, 12:13 PM

I called Chevy, gave them my VIN and was told my '06 HHR LS was NOT affected by the recall. Anyone else told this? Could it be because mine is a manual, not an automatic? I still don't trust that I've received correct info.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:14 PM

Damn they wouldn't tell me anything because they haven't received any official confirmation of the recall yet. The news articles didn't mention anything about standard vs auto.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:45 PM

GM website recall notice

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/n.../0225-ion.html

From the GM website.

Mike R
Old 02-26-2014, 06:27 PM

Sorry, I misunderstood the surly Chevy rep. My car currently doesn't have any outstanding recall notices but could be affected by the upcoming recall. GM is still determining which vehicles are affected (VIN specific) and notices will go out in early April to the owners of the affected vehicles.

Originally Posted by Bigpatshhr
Damn they wouldn't tell me anything because they haven't received any official confirmation of the recall yet. The news articles didn't mention anything about standard vs auto.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:32 AM

I was on the GM web site chatting with a "GM Agent" and asked about the ignition recall for my '06 HHR. This was their reply
"Thank you for your patronage of Chevrolet! That is correct all 2006 and 2007 Chevy HHR's are involved in an ignition switch recall. Once parts become available, you will need to take your vehicle in to a dealership to have this issue addressed. We expect parts to become available beginning in April. We will be working with customers on an individual, case by case basis to minimize inconvenience associated with the recall. We also are working diligently with our suppliers to develop and validate replacement parts and to have increased production in place to meet demand."
Old 02-27-2014, 08:48 AM

The problem I've had, my car went into a security mode also and wouldn't start in neutral or go into park. This thing has done some crazy stuff. Everything would lock up and not able to steer.

Quick Reply: GM Ignition Recall Extended to All HHR's 2006-2011 UPDATED!!!