GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

Was there a recall on the airbag system?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 03:00 PM

Was there a recall on the airbag system?

My service airbag light has been on for a while now. At first it was intermittent, not it's constant. I've read that some of the connections go bad, but it's almost impossible to pinpoint. So I'm basically riding around without airbags at the moment, and it's going to cost hundreds of dollars of diagnostics to find the problem that apparently a lot of people have had. Has there been a recall on this that I missed? Seems kind of dangerous...
Old 05-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by squierjosh
My service airbag light has been on for a while now. At first it was intermittent, not it's constant. I've read that some of the connections go bad, but it's almost impossible to pinpoint. So I'm basically riding around without airbags at the moment, and it's going to cost hundreds of dollars of diagnostics to find the problem that apparently a lot of people have had. Has there been a recall on this that I missed? Seems kind of dangerous...
Hahahha - I know some moderators are biting their tongues right now so I'll try to help. Short answer: No, there was no recall. If you dig a little deeper in the database using the search feature you will find answers to your questions. You might have just had something in the passenger seat that set the warning off - this has happened to me before. If your dealer is charging you hundreds of dollars to diagnose this problem - choose a different dealer. If you are concerned for your safety you should do it right away. If you are just wanting to vent - consider that the people on this site love their vehicles and you will not make many friends complaining! Hope this helps....
Old 05-12-2014, 06:05 PM
Platinum Member

X2 - That was very well said - and I don't think anything more can be added to it that would be helpful. So thread is closed.