Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   HHR SS (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/)
-   -   Automatic/Manual (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/automatic-manual-16478/)

daniagm 07-07-2008 01:39 PM

Can you get auto start with the 5 speed ?

I had a non turbo HHR auto with the auto start. In south Florida its a must for me. I am waiting to get an 09 5 speed.If I can't have auto start with the 5 speed I guess its back to the automatic

jerSSey HHR 07-07-2008 01:39 PM

sanddragger - you have more combined total horsepower than all the cars I've ever bought put together!

jims08ss 07-07-2008 01:58 PM

you will never be able to get a remote start with a manual.. If someone leaves there car in gear and you use remote start, that would not work.

I am getting an auto because of that feature. I have a 14 month old baby and me and my wife both use the remote start in our cars all the time and living in TX makes it a must..

Originally Posted by daniagm (Post 286628)
I had a non turbo HHR auto with the auto start. In south Florida its a must for me. I am waiting to get an 09 5 speed.If I can't have auto start with the 5 speed I guess its back to the automatic

daniagm 07-07-2008 03:26 PM

Well I am getting the automatic.

jerSSey HHR 07-07-2008 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by jims08ss (Post 286642)
you will never be able to get a remote start with a manual.. If someone leaves there car in gear and you use remote start, that would not work.

I am getting an auto because of that feature. I have a 14 month old baby and me and my wife both use the remote start in our cars all the time and living in TX makes it a must..

Does the HHR allow you to leave the AC on when you shut the car off, and then turns right back on when you do the remote start? I know on some previous cars I've had to press the AC button on again after starting up.

daniagm 07-07-2008 03:28 PM

Yes you leave the A/C on. Then when you use the auto start its nice and cold when you get in. A must in south FL.

jims08ss 07-07-2008 03:38 PM

It does not matter if your ac is on or off when you get out of the car. It automatically starts the ac blowing cold when remote started in the summer and the heater would be going in the winter.. Its all aoutomatic..

Its a must here in North Texas as well and like I said before, I know my 14 month old appreciates it!!

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR (Post 286676)
Does the HHR allow you to leave the AC on when you shut the car off, and then turns right back on when you do the remote start? I know on some previous cars I've had to press the AC button on again after starting up.

jerSSey HHR 07-07-2008 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by jims08ss (Post 286687)
It does not matter if your ac is on or off when you get out of the car. It automatically starts the ac blowing cold when remote started in the summer and the heater would be going in the winter.. Its all aoutomatic..

Its a must here in North Texas as well and like I said before, I know my 14 month old appreciates it!!

Thanks for the info - it's all new to me - I've never had climate control in a vehicle - just manual AC or heat.

daniagm 07-07-2008 03:44 PM

A/C remote start

I bought the first year they made the HHR. The first year you had to have the A/C on when you turned off the car. Maybe the newer models have changed.

jerSSey HHR 07-07-2008 03:56 PM

From Chevy website:

Remote Vehicle Starter System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A factory-installed remote vehicle starter system is included when you order the available four-speed automatic transmission. The system can be used to warm up or cool down your vehicle on cold or hot days. To activate the remote start, just press the button on your key fob. It is effective from up to 200 feet away. You also have the option of disabling remote start via input into the Driver Information Center.

Your HHR or HHR Panel remains locked and secure until you press UNLOCK on your key fob. Simply insert your key in the ignition once inside, and you're all set to go.