Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   HHR SS (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/)
-   -   Batride VS. S4 (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/batride-vs-s4-32815/)

THE BATMAN 12-02-2010 07:48 PM

Batride VS. S4

VS. Audi S 4

This morning in the express lanes on the kennedy inbound , in bumper to bumper traffic, A guy in a what appeared to be brand new S4 nails it next to me. it sounded badazz. So traffic dictates that we meet again. I scream the tires and NLS into second past him, to return the favor. We slow down to let about 15-20 car lenths empty out in front of us . i initiated the slow down. he coast up next to me and nails it, I was thinkin a wave , a couple horn beeps something, Nope just nails it , so i'm a split second behind him. threw redline in second gear he maintained his head start of about a lenth and a quater. Hi-po 8 vs. Hi-po 4 . I'm not gonna consider it a lose , Because if i jumped on him Like he did me, He would not have caught me.
It was pretty cool though. I gaurantee he was like WTF when we had to slow down and i was right there with my 4 banger. For what he paid for that car, he should be embarased buy it's performance. :lol:
Dragrazzzzin on the kennedy - Ya i know, Not smart , Ya had to be there, Any guy with nuts and an SS would have done the same thing.

It was a sweet car though. :batman:

foolmoon_design 12-03-2010 06:06 AM

Batman, Your kill count climbs.... with x-mas right around the corner, I'd be asking for a Car Cam, so we can see these frequent bouts of bad-azz-ness...... as my wife states V-8's are for guys with small packages.

09 Silver Bullett 12-03-2010 06:32 AM

Sounds like so far you are being easy on the new tires! :lol:

bartSS 12-03-2010 07:27 AM

Nice job Batman. My guy with an A6 wants to run ya :)

bartSS 12-03-2010 07:30 AM

If it was a new S4 they come with supercharged V6s. They started with the V6 in 2010 other wise it was a V8 that u ran

SS fan 12-03-2010 09:42 AM

I have a buddy with a S4 his is twin turbo but it isn't a new one he is always talking about leaving some thing in the dust it must be pretty fast. Sure glad you put new shoes on the " BAT ROCKET " you don't drive like a guy who should be on baldies :twothumbs:

Tuanies 12-03-2010 09:44 AM

The twin turbo S4s are a pain in the ass to work on, you have to remove the entire front end to access the engine.

bartSS 12-03-2010 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tuanies (Post 508767)
The twin turbo S4s are a pain in the ass to work on, you have to remove the entire front end to access the engine.

Yes you do. I have a buddy with one of those and another with an A6 with the same engine. no fun

zeevette 12-06-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design (Post 508731)
Batman, Your kill count climbs.... with x-mas right around the corner, I'd be asking for a Car Cam, so we can see these frequent bouts of bad-azz-ness...... as my wife states V-8's are for guys with small packages.

You wife gets around too much. :D I'm on the Corvette Forum as well as this one, so V-8s are my favorite. Of course, it's modded to well over 600RWHP, and it still gets 27 MPG.

2010SilverIceSS 12-06-2010 10:23 PM

Batman,

I'm sure when my second car is done, I won't even have close to the SS MPG. I can't wait to show up any thing with a 488 CID Pontiac V8/Th 400 under the hood of my 4th gen Firebird(Stripped of course). Under 3300 pounds and close to 600 ft/lbs of torque.Great to show up these expensive cars. They have spend a boat load on fancy interiors and name brands. I love giving more expensive/muscle cars a run for their money. In most cases, I come out on top. The SS is really a sleeper. I really have to instigate a race for anyone to take me on. Anyone feel the the same way??

Dave