HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

can you buy the performance pack?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Michael20832
I purshased slottted and drillled on alll four corners. Best upgrade I've done next to cat back exhaust. i have to use my SS as my company car and my stopping is much better and they look great with the stock wheels.When i have the extra 800.00 buck to upgrade to front brembos
$$$$$$ Just keep saying this as I make more money on this kind of thinking!

I do agree with the better looking part though.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:08 PM

I bought drilled and slotted for my z28 and was worth every penny. I shattered brakes so many times trying to stop from over 120+ in the 1/4 mile. Never faded with slotted crssed drilled rotors. No cracks either.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:01 PM

Thats because the 'stock' rotors are cast( and hopefully the replacements didn;t come from Auto Zone)....and can't take the sudden heat cycle...120? Thats an 11 sec car, they should have been upgraded in the first place. But with rotors intended for the application.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
I bought drilled and slotted for my z28 and was worth every penny. I shattered brakes so many times trying to stop from over 120+ in the 1/4 mile. Never faded with slotted crssed drilled rotors. No cracks either.
Odds are they have more to do with better pads than anything.

I think you would have to agree that if holes were better then NASCAR

World Sports cars at Lemans

Indy Car

And F1 would all be needing them since they see brake temps higher than anyone on the street?

If you want drilled rotors for looks that is fine and I have owned them for that reason myself. But don't get fooled into thinking they are better performing and that is no longer true.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:23 PM

Im assuming that you guys think the Bugatti Veyron brakes are crap too? Its all what ever you want to buy. Our cars dont need anything much better than stock IMO. My z28 brake swap included Wilwood calipers and steel braided lines. I recommend getting the steel braided lines for all performance cars.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
Thats because the 'stock' rotors are cast( and hopefully the replacements didn;t come from Auto Zone)....and can't take the sudden heat cycle...120? Thats an 11 sec car, they should have been upgraded in the first place. But with rotors intended for the application.
Nope, my replacements werent auto zone.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:30 PM

Im assuming that you guys think the Bugatti Veyron brakes are crap too? Its all what ever you want to buy. Our cars dont need anything much better than stock IMO. My z28 brake swap included Wilwood calipers and steel braided lines. I recommend getting the steel braided lines for all performance cars.
The point is that holes do not make brakes work any better that is all. Even on the Veyron, Enzo, 911 GT3 or ZR1 the holes do not do anything to improve performance and are only cosmetic.

Now if you state the ceramic rotors have improved the performace of these cars you would have something there. The heat transfer is astronomical. With material similar acting to the tiles on the space shuttle they dissipate heat very fast holes or not.

Like I said if you do holes for looks that is fine. I did so on two cars. But to claim that holes improved the performance is not accurate and misleads a lot of people into spending money they don't need to spend if they don't care for the cosmetic appeal. They are better off putting the money into better pads or larger rotors like a Willwood system upgrade.

I will second the Braided lines. This is one of the best things anyone can do with a 4 wheel disc system. It makes for a much firmer pedal. It is amazing how much the rubber lines give even new.

I would not just recomend them on performance car but on any 4 wheel disc car. They also will help with rear drum but they are not noticed as much.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:41 AM

Fluid was another thing i uped.
Originally Posted by hyperv6
The point is that holes do not make brakes work any better that is all. Even on the Veyron, Enzo, 911 GT3 or ZR1 the holes do not do anything to improve performance and are only cosmetic.

Now if you state the ceramic rotors have improved the performace of these cars you would have something there. The heat transfer is astronomical. With material similar acting to the tiles on the space shuttle they dissipate heat very fast holes or not.

Like I said if you do holes for looks that is fine. I did so on two cars. But to claim that holes improved the performance is not accurate and misleads a lot of people into spending money they don't need to spend if they don't care for the cosmetic appeal. They are better off putting the money into better pads or larger rotors like a Willwood system upgrade.

I will second the Braided lines. This is one of the best things anyone can do with a 4 wheel disc system. It makes for a much firmer pedal. It is amazing how much the rubber lines give even new.

I would not just recomend them on performance car but on any 4 wheel disc car. They also will help with rear drum but they are not noticed as much.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:30 PM

Fluid was another thing i uped.
Often one of the best improvments.

Hot old fluid with moisture in it can be a mess. Few people change brake fluid and the moisture will boil once you get em hot. A high qulity syn fluid is not cheap but really helps.

When you go into turn one at 115 MPH it is nice to know the pedal is there.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6

Often one of the best improvments.

Hot old fluid with moisture in it can be a mess. Few people change brake fluid and the moisture will boil once you get em hot. A high qulity syn fluid is not cheap but really helps.

When you go into turn one at 115 MPH it is nice to know the pedal is there.
or the off ramp .....

Quick Reply: can you buy the performance pack?