HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Canadians - HHR SS For You !

Old 11-11-2008, 10:29 AM

Canadians - HHR SS For You !

Here is your chance to own a Near New 2008 HHR SS at a reasonable price.

Please see the full description in Classifieds.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:26 PM

I love this quote:
She said, "I pulled out to pass a car, and I never felt anything like this before in my life - it took off like a scalded rabbit. Before I could get my foot lightened up on the accelerator, it had zoomed up to almost 4,000 on that little tach thing - scared me half out of my wits!"

Just didn't know what you had there eh?
Old 11-11-2008, 01:23 PM

Nice looking vehicles, even if it is scary to drive.

Little to much involved in bringing it across the border and converting to Canadian Standards, that coupled with the decline in the Canadian dollar makes it a little less attractive.

Does look great tho.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:05 PM

tell her not to press the go pedal that hard.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Banned

Unhappy

Originally Posted by rogohayes
After a lengthy test drive, with the wife still raving about the driver's seat comfort, we bought the car. The passenger seat, and the second row seats are very comfortable, as well. Anyway, the wife commandeered the car, and was very happy with, until one day she came home kind of perplexed. I asked what was wrong. She said, "I pulled out to pass a car, and I never felt anything like this before in my life - it took off like a scalded rabbit. Before I could get my foot lightened up on the accelerator, it had zoomed up to almost 4,000 on that little tach thing - scared me half out of my wits!"

Anyway, to make a long story short, she no longer likes driving the car -comfortable seat or not. So up it goes for sale.
Does she realize that 4,000 RPM isn't dangerous and right in the middle of the powerband? These little four-cylinders are very responsive and have plenty of power to serve up when needed. Seems like a waste to take a bath on a great car that just takes a little while to get used to. If I could trade my slow '06 LT for your's, I'd do it in a heartbeat just for the passing power. Good luck with the sale!

BTW, in observance of Veteran's Day, from the grandson of two WWII veterans and the son of a Vietnam veteran, thank you for your service.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:54 PM

Have you thought about re-upholstering the seat? a good shop can take off the covers and refoam it.

Or maybe you could just get regular HHR seats from a wreck

BTW Happy Veterans Day
Old 11-11-2008, 10:07 PM

Sorry you have to sell. I have a simpler solution, I don't let my wife drive it...much.
I'm perplexed that she doesn't like it because of the zip. You can always drive it easy. Most of the time, I drive mine like a Granny. And when I need the zoom...poof! I'm gone.
And yours is the auto with 235 horse. I could understand if it was the 260 horse stick. Mine gets squirrley when I stomp on it and torque steer abounds.

Hope she changes her mind, if not, good luck with the sale...

Jim
Old 11-12-2008, 05:43 AM

Just a comment of possible interest to Canadians :

Apparently, the same Owner's Manual is used for the US and Canada. A French language version is available on request.

According to the Manual :

1. The Daytime Running Lights are true DRL and not just headlights on.

2. All the instruments (except the boost guage) are configurable to either English units or Metric.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:26 AM

good luck with the sale. great lookin car
Old 11-12-2008, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by rogohayes
Just a comment of possible interest to Canadians :

Apparently, the same Owner's Manual is used for the US and Canada. A French language version is available on request.

According to the Manual :

1. The Daytime Running Lights are true DRL and not just headlights on.

2. All the instruments (except the boost guage) are configurable to either English units or Metric.

Yes, the Odometer (miles driven) and any of the DIC read-out are configurable to English or Metric Units, but how do you configure the Speedometer (which looks like a fixed overlay to me) from Miles-per-Hour to Kilometer-per-Hour?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Canadians - HHR SS For You !