Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   HHR SS (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/)
-   -   Cold Weather Issues (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/cold-weather-issues-27196/)

esmarkey 12-17-2009 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6 (Post 430767)
The only noise I have had were the console that I fixed myself and the head liner the dealer fixed on the first try. I have a good dealer!!!

Hyper, how did you fix the console? I ave that one too....

rubics_cube 12-25-2009 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Father Azmodius (Post 430754)
I'll add a #4 for the Panel SS owners out there

#4 the driver's side rear door takes 2 solenoid engagements to fully release it from the weather stripping seal

I suspect some silicone on the weatherstripping would solve it, but I'm going to be an ass and make the dealer take care of it when I get my next oil change.

Does anyone have an idea of how to resolve this problem? I have the same issue on my 2009 Panel left rear door.

Update: I tried the silicone on the weatherstrip and while it showed some improvement, it still takes 2 clicks to open it. On the 2nd click I can hear a metallic clunk as if the door is hanging up on something within the latch itself. Does anyone know how to adjust the latch?

hyperv6 12-26-2009 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by esmarkey (Post 430919)
Hyper, how did you fix the console? I ave that one too....

Just pulled it appart where it all snaps together. Then took Rubber whindshield sealer strips and made gaskets to let it sit on.

Since I found you can use Helicopter tape too. The idea is just to make a small gasket between the two plastic surfaces.

I wouls assume this would also work for the dash facing noise some hace two.

Cols plastic against plastic is the issue and to keep it appart worked for me.

Also make sure the clips are still holding all the parts tight.

Other than that not much you can do with cold and this type of plastic unless you wait till it warms up. It is just a bad combo of parts.

mistermike 12-28-2009 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by andyb (Post 430880)
in cold weather, the gas in the struts for hoods & hatches condenses. it will be back to normal in warmer weather.

Condense as in revert to a liquid state?

It's got to get a lot colder than any temperature encountered on Earth for that to happen.

foolmoon_design 12-28-2009 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by mistermike (Post 432629)
Condense as in revert to a liquid state?

It's got to get a lot colder than any temperature encountered on Earth for that to happen.

I think he means compresses the gas at lower temps allowing some free space within the cylinder thus lowering the overall psi.

calgaryhhr 12-28-2009 10:02 AM

The other cold weather issue I seem to have is with my remote start. Many times when my vehicle sits outside in cold weather the remote start will not work to turn on the vehicle. The engine will turn over but will not stay on. When I put the key in the ignition and turn over the vehicle it fires right up.