HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Dealership Blues

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 08:54 PM

Unhappy Dealership Blues

OK, for sure this isn't near the frustration a few people have been having with some mysterious service issues but it's major disappointment for myself just the same.

I ordered my SS Panel from a dealership where I thought the Sales Rep was very responsive, and in the pre-sales period, he definitely was (I know, aren't they all). In the order process we couldn't locate the UAF (Reconfigurable Performance Display) so we made a written note on the order of it and I was to dig up information for it. Thanks to help from this site I gave them that information, the next day. Didn't hear from them so sent them more information the following day. Got a reply that he would meet with his Manager to research it and get back to me.

In the meantime I learned that not only were these in limited supply but that cars destined for Canada would not get this option (but nothing from the dealership). Two weeks goes by and other people on the site are getting information about their orders being picked and build schedules. So, curious and anxious for mine, I contact the dealer for my order status. They tell me that the UAF isn't available for Canadian cars (duh) and they have been holding my order while they were researching the UAF and "would I like to have them place the order without it?" Well if it isn't available - YES!

Here I have been counting the days till delivery (told it'll be 12 to 15 weeks - November) and the order isn't even in yet. Nor would it be today if I hadn't queried the status.

I know - not a huge problem but very frustrating. Told them I want to cancel the order and place it with another dealership. Maybe they'll pony up with something or maybe I'll move my business to where it will be looked after.

Sorry for the vent.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:15 PM

Wow, that really bites. I am sure you were counting the days and maybe marking them off on a calendar. I have no patience for sales people that do not know the product they are selling. Good luck. G.B.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:29 PM

Canuck

It sucks big time, I know the frustrating feeling you have very well, after being jacked around by the first dealer i ordered from, i had the same feeling's too. Good luck in your ordering and sorry to hear no UAF in Canada. By the way, i call my salesman on his cell every two weeks, as he does the same for me for any updates on my order...
Old 07-22-2008, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Canuck
OK, for sure this isn't near the frustration a few people have been having with some mysterious service issues but it's major disappointment for myself just the same.

I ordered my SS Panel from a dealership where I thought the Sales Rep was very responsive, and in the pre-sales period, he definitely was (I know, aren't they all). In the order process we couldn't locate the UAF (Reconfigurable Performance Display) so we made a written note on the order of it and I was to dig up information for it. Thanks to help from this site I gave them that information, the next day. Didn't hear from them so sent them more information the following day. Got a reply that he would meet with his Manager to research it and get back to me.

In the meantime I learned that not only were these in limited supply but that cars destined for Canada would not get this option (but nothing from the dealership). Two weeks goes by and other people on the site are getting information about their orders being picked and build schedules. So, curious and anxious for mine, I contact the dealer for my order status. They tell me that the UAF isn't available for Canadian cars (duh) and they have been holding my order while they were researching the UAF and "would I like to have them place the order without it?" Well if it isn't available - YES!

Here I have been counting the days till delivery (told it'll be 12 to 15 weeks - November) and the order isn't even in yet. Nor would it be today if I hadn't queried the status.

I know - not a huge problem but very frustrating. Told them I want to cancel the order and place it with another dealership. Maybe they'll pony up with something or maybe I'll move my business to where it will be looked after.

Sorry for the vent.
I would have thought they would have stock orders place and as long as it has not been pulled they just change it to your specs
Old 07-22-2008, 12:21 AM

I have no idea if GM is the same as Ford but you can call other dealers across Canada, tell them what you want, ask for there best price, how soon would it arrive and you would like to have it drop shipped to your local dealership. This was done when we were ordering our 07 Shelby`s( not by me but many others)
Old 07-22-2008, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by SS HHR CDN
I would have thought they would have stock orders place and as long as it has not been pulled they just change it to your specs
Yea they are telling me that once they PLACE the order they can't change it - I think that is a crock, with Ford you are able to change the order up until the time the factory starts to process it, at which point it is locked in.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by SS HHR CDN
I have no idea if GM is the same as Ford but you can call other dealers across Canada, tell them what you want, ask for there best price, how soon would it arrive and you would like to have it drop shipped to your local dealership. This was done when we were ordering our 07 Shelby`s( not by me but many others)
Thanks a good tip but this dealership wasn't local to begin with and I have several others in the area that I can do business with.