HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

hhr ss front splitter

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 04:10 PM

I'm interested still just wanna see a general idea whats it's gonna look like. hope not like the one on that sonic.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:10 PM

That's the thing any ideas anyone who wants one has I can tell them to incorporate I haven't had my design meeting with them yet that's coming up this weekend. So any ideas are welcomed.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Shane H
That's the thing any ideas anyone who wants one has I can tell them to incorporate I haven't had my design meeting with them yet that's coming up this weekend. So any ideas are welcomed.
Wowza $600 for the sonic splitter
Kind of off topic but I've always wanted to remove the front/side marker lights and fit a carbon fiber scoop that could be made to function as a fresh air inlet or for cooling the brakes.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by XtremeSS
Kind of off topic but I've always wanted to remove the front/side marker lights and fit a carbon fiber scoop that could be made to function as a fresh air inlet or for cooling the brakes.
A friend of mine has one of his old Scirocco's headlights on each side set up like that. No high beams any more, but that car's a "trailer queen" now anyway.

Back to topic: People in snowy climates ought to think over how this lip will work in snow, too. I have a feeling it won't be very good, myself. If it's large enough to add downforce, it will be large enough to catch a lot of slush, too, right?
Old 09-30-2014, 08:14 AM

They general concept of a splitter is to increase downforce which, as has been alluded, is of questionable benefit on a street driven vehicle but an improperly executed one can also increase drag which is of no benefit. And, as stated earlier, no testing has been done on these.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:17 AM
Banned

See when OP said 'test splitter' I was under the impression of two things. 1, it was already complete, and 2, the testing would be free as it has not been widely released yet and therefor has no real value to a consumer....
Old 09-30-2014, 08:22 AM

Me too. That's why any claims of functionality make me cringe. Statements like "you can feel a difference in the way the car handles", mind you, on a different vehicle than the HHR, and "to say it has no effect is silly", etc. don't really make me eager to part with my cash.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:46 AM

I understand exactly where you guys are coming from. The person who turned me on to this shop is a guy by the name of ryan derrick. He owns the snobalt. Which as far as I know is the highest hp lnf powered car. I trust his judgment. However when I contacted doro about making the lip kit they were backed up (busy working on the lip kit for the cobalt). So ours has not yet began. This weekend I'll be talking to them about design and such while I'm in chicago. I made this thread to judge interest in this type of aero, to see if anyone else liked the idea. The sonic pictures that I posted are just for reference. So people new what I was talking about. The sonic design is not OUR design we can do it exactly how we want. I apologize for the confusion. I talked with the shop yesterday about doing a lower price group buy they're discussing and getting back to me. Like I said this is our design so please feel free to suggest things.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:41 PM

hopefully this works out. always wanted one for mine.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by XtremeSS
I want to make that scoop. I'm going to take a shot at making a blank in a couple of months. I'll let you know the outcome and if it isn't the most awesome/unique thing I've ever seen, I'll be willing to sell a couple. You'll be the first to know.

I've molded a lot of fiberglass, but I'm just starting to mess with CF/Kevlar so the first few won't be anything to write home about.

Quick Reply: hhr ss front splitter