Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   HHR SS (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/)
-   -   Highest mileage HHR SS (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/highest-mileage-hhr-ss-60691/)

mrgreen73 08-11-2018 05:33 PM

Highest mileage HHR SS

I have a 09 HHR ss , with 165k on the odometer. I bought the car used with 60k roughly. Its been a great car so far
use it everyday for work. Its has been trouble free until now, just some minor stuff, fan went out, front end bushings, other than
that oil changes and gas. Im curious if this things got another 100k without major engine repairs . The engine is very strong still. Does not burn oil. So how many folks out there
have over 200k 300k. I did see a video on youtube of some dude in a LS or LT tripping 400k so awesome

frdfandc 09-29-2018 08:31 AM

Mine has 157k on it. Only major repair was the water pump drive chain. The dealer who did the repair said this was a surprise failure. Never seen a drive chain fail before. So I'm just chalking it up to just a bad part. Other than that it has been battery, brakes, tires, control arms and front struts. Normal wear/tear items.

Oldblue 09-29-2018 03:24 PM

With some preventive maintenance, yes!
don’t wait till the timing chain breaks, change it!
don’t wait till the brakes grind and fail, inspect clean and change the brakes when required.

prod 10-02-2018 07:03 PM

And since the SS is direct injection, make sure the valves are inspected now and then.

Lethal Tendencies 10-23-2018 05:40 AM

Mr Green73, Are you running premium gas ? what type of oil? how often is it being changed? Just curious

chuck n 10-28-2018 02:59 PM

I have 199,596 miles on my HHR SS. No oil leaks and it doesn't burn oil. I always use premium gas and I always use 5w30 Mobil synthetic and change it at about 20% oil life. It's been an excellent car and never left me stranded. I've had a Trifecta tune since 15,000 miles and never had any issues with the engine. Just normal maintenance.
My 1997 Cavalier 2.4 had 300,000 when I sold it and 2 years later the individual I sold it to was still driving it.

Hotrodbob 11-27-2018 05:32 PM

I have 189,000 no oil use. 3rd set of tires, 4th set of front brakes and second rear. GM upgrade kit and 32-34MPH on the highway. I get worried about the mileage and age of my car, but there is nothing GM makes to replace it.

Longbrownroad 02-06-2019 09:25 AM

HHR SS mileage

I have a 2008 HHR SS that has 202,000+ on the clock now. Greatest car I have ever owned and I have had a lot of different vehicles. I bought this HHR with 146k on it as I needed a run around car that was good on gas. This one is a manual. I fell in love with this car and have decided to see how many miles I can get out of it. It has the original clutch which is still strong. I have replaced brakes, front wheel hubs, plugs, and the high pressure fuel pump. As a preventive maintenance I had the timing chain service and a new throttle body installed. I change the oil with Mobil 1 5w30 every 5000 miles. She runs like new showing no signs of weakness. There is no other driver I would care to drive as my daily. Plenty of room for hauling stuff that gets me around 30mpg, yet a sporty little car that seems to get a lot of attention. I was a little upset to see that they were discontinued as I know eventually mine has to give up the fight. I figured that when I'm ready for another, there will only be high milers left if any. So, what I did is went on a search for lower mile HHR SS's and bought 3 more. I have two 40k cars in storage now with one being a flash blue 5 speed and the other a red automatic. Not hot on auto's but mint with 42k, I am. The third one I bought for my wife with 72k is red auto also. She can't drive a manual and doesn't care to learn. She only drives 3k miles per year. Anyways, it looks like I will be driving an HHR SS for years after they are all gone. I'm going to try and preserve the Flash blue manual as they are pretty rare.

Grady08SS 10-13-2022 10:09 PM

09 ss aa5

MY 09 AA5 SS HAS 223000 MILES AND IS CURRENTLY GETTING THE OIL PAN REPLACED AS SOON AS I FIND THE DIPSTICK TUBE BOLT!
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.che...450e9f60d3.jpg

Oldblue 10-14-2022 06:23 AM

Nice SS AA5 , a holy grail of HHR!