HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

I'm thinking about skipping the HHR SS for an Equinox Sport... talk me down!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 07:32 PM

I'm thinking about skipping the HHR SS for an Equinox Sport... talk me down!

I just test drove a 2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport with AWD... it was SWEET! The dealer just made me a fair offer for my trade... I'm thinking about it. I was waiting for an HHR SS, but this Equinox is pretty dang nice. It's larger (without being too big) and has a 0-60 time of under seven seconds. I'm worried that I'm jumping the gun because I'm excited about getting something new combined with the fact that I want to get rid of my car. Help! Talk me out of this!

Check out the 2008 Equinox Sport: http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/14/2...e-s-shy-of-ss/
Old 08-28-2007, 07:39 PM

Thumbs up Hhr?

What do you own now?!? An HHR, or were you just a prospective owner? I say I would choose nothing other than the HHR, but we all have our own opinions. If the HHR did not exist, the Equinox would be a great 2nd choice. It is a very nicely styled vehicle in my opinion, and it is a CHEVY! At least you aren't on here saying you are looking at some POS Toyota Highlander!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Founding Member

You gotta go with what it best for you, your family and your budget. You can also go to an Equinox site to be talked into one just as well.

Of course we want you to get an HHR SS....
Old 08-28-2007, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by misterjensen
I just test drove a 2008 Chevrolet Equinox Sport with AWD... it was SWEET! The dealer just made me a fair offer for my trade... I'm thinking about it. I was waiting for an HHR SS, but this Equinox is pretty dang nice. It's larger (without being too big) and has a 0-60 time of under seven seconds. I'm worried that I'm jumping the gun because I'm excited about getting something new combined with the fact that I want to get rid of my car. Help! Talk me out of this!

Check out the 2008 Equinox Sport: http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/14/2...e-s-shy-of-ss/
Ask the great Obie 1 ----- trust the force....
Old 08-28-2007, 07:56 PM

If you need the AWD then you only have one choice. I do wish the HHR came in AWD like my dreaded Vibe did. I mighta kept the Vibe if it wuz....

Equinox is cool. I'm betting it is in its last year though since the Arcadia and Buick Enclave are out and it is a good bet Chevy will have their own version which will likely replace the Equinox.

Both HHR SS types seem to be compromises to each other as well. Automatic tranny get less HP but armrests, etc.
The four wheel discs in the SS make me want one.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by ymerej_mortsdnil
What do you own now?!?
A loaded 2003 PT Cruiser GT Turbo... I've LOVED it, but for a number of reasons I don't feel like going into, it's time to get a new car.

It's for sale at:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true
Old 08-28-2007, 09:39 PM

08 Equinox it's a nice looking SUV, sure you get a V-6 and bigger vehicle it's hard to choose take a sheet of paper and make positive/negative columns for an HHR vs Equinox and compare them side by side.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:05 PM

I think Ricky Bobby said it best........"I wanna go fast!"

Get the HHRSS so I can live vicariously through you.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:49 PM

hard decision to make. Looking at the specs of the Equinox Sport I say go for it. Bigger wheels, AWD, more leg room and cargo room, bigger engine, wider body, you can tow heavier loads.

Hope you dont mind me asking, what price did the dealer give you for the Equinox Sport?
Old 08-29-2007, 12:58 AM

Well i guess it's a nice-enough looking vehicle. It must be fast with what Car & Drivel says,
"Chevy’s new amped-up Equinox Sport—we’re not sure why it’s not an SS either—is due in showrooms next fall as a 2008 model.

It gets GM’s 263-horsepower 3.6-liter V-6 coupled to a six-speed automatic, a stiffer suspension, forged 18-inch wheels, a new look inside and out, and will be offered with either front- or all-wheel drive."

But I'd rather drive one of these. Lame 5 speed and all. It has the style that appeals to me. While nice, the Equinox starts to look like everything else on the road.
And the SS will get better mileage I'm sure, which is becoming increasingly important for me and should be for the whole globe if you get my drift. No offense but to me, it's just another "me-too" small SUV.

in the end it all comes down to what you want to drive.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 09-03-2007 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Reduce pic size

Quick Reply: I'm thinking about skipping the HHR SS for an Equinox Sport... talk me down!