HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

I'm thinking about skipping the HHR SS for an Equinox Sport... talk me down!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 12:15 PM

If Ihad a Equinox, I would just use it for plowing snow and pulling trees out of the woods, but thats what my S-10 is for
Old 09-01-2007, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by MOTRV8D
So Mr. Jensen, did we talk you down?
Which way are you leaning?
Well, to be honest, I moved back into the HHR SS camp. However, my wife went with me this morning to take a test drive and stated that she absolutely LOVES the Equinox Sport. Better visibility, more legroom (front & rear), solid towing, AWD, more cargo room etc... We're crunching the numbers and should be making a decision soon. I wish that I had the final prices for the HHR SS, that might make my decision a little easier...
Old 09-01-2007, 01:51 PM

Well if the Colbalt comes out in AWD like the rumor goes, we could hope to see the HHR follow close behind....
Old 09-01-2007, 02:14 PM

well if you need solid towing, then the decision is pretty much made, right? Do you have a boat? Or what kind of trailer?
HHR SS = NO TOWING.

/discussion.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:39 PM

Awd
No turbo

I also much prefer the styling of the HHR SS. And you should get much better gas mileage.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:53 PM

I bought my wife a 2007 Equinox LS AWD in July. Nice ride, averaging around 20 mpg around town, AWD for snowy weather. A great all around vehicle, AND.....I still have my HHR. Best of both worlds.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:35 PM

Equinox LS AWD = 20mpg
Equinox Sport AWD = ??mpg
Old 09-02-2007, 08:13 AM

I've decided to stick with the HHR SS! Here are my reasons:

1. This will be my car, and I have a MUCH longer commute than my wife. The HHR SS will better on the gas than an Equinox Sport.

2. We're going to be starting a family, and my wife will be the one that will need the big SUV. We can always pick up and Equinox Sport for her in a few years when we replace her car.

3. It should be less money. Our financial situation will be dramatically improved from good to great by the time we replace out next car (after this one), and will be able to get a more expensive car without thinking twice.

4. I had a PT Cruiser GT, and I always appreciated physical size of these cars. Smaller exterior which is easy to get around in... good crash ratings... HUGE interior dimensions with seats that you don't have to climb in and out of... and cargo room much larger than even a full size car.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:08 AM

263hp and AWD usually equate to moderate to higher fuel consumption. If you want the power you have to put the fuel into the combustion chambers. No free lunches. But, the HHR SS is going to use more fuel also.

Having said that, Equinox Sport looks like a very desirable vehicle, and I'm glad to see GM bring it out to flog the import competition. The new EPA estimate regulations for 2008 will hamstring the import brands and bring them closer to the real world in MPG stickerland, and this will help the domestics.

You know, being that you live in Wisconsin, doesn't it snow there a lot? I think AWD would be handy as hell. So I'm actually going to give the nod to the Equinox Sport in this contest.

Get the Equinox. It makes more sense. Resale will be better, too.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:54 AM

The Equinox might make more sense, but you gotta get what makes your heart happy. Get the SS!
You can always get the wifey the 'Nox down the road...

Quick Reply: I'm thinking about skipping the HHR SS for an Equinox Sport... talk me down!