Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   HHR SS (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/)
-   -   Limited Production (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/limited-production-14333/)

IgottaWoody 04-07-2008 10:16 PM

Limited Production

My dealer said today that the SS was a limited production vehicle..is this true and does anyone now how many? Already have mine :thumb: ..wonder if they will become keepers...

SSStarman 04-08-2008 01:26 AM

Everything I have read says the expected sales/production for 2008 is to be around 10K. Hopefully one of the Chevy employee's can provide actual Build numbers?

Cokeybill 04-08-2008 01:29 AM

Because of the transmission "strike", orders for the SS had to be in by April 25 for the '08s. The strike has shut down the Oshawa truck plant as well. I believe the '09s will continue.

RussellM454 04-08-2008 01:42 AM

Maybe a little early but would be interesting to know how many Manual Trans and how many Auto.

Cokeybill 04-08-2008 02:09 AM

Sorry I would know!!

solman98 04-08-2008 08:25 AM

Limited production, yes. Just like the rest of the "special" edition models they have come out with. Worth $$ down the road, maybe if you park it and don't drive it. But don't expect this to be a money maker down the road. Very few cars ever make that.

LT1GMC 04-08-2008 08:57 AM

The Gm info put out earlier in the year said that they could build as many as people wanted, so I don't know if that is limited production. Besides, if it was limited, they would be restricting dealers from ordering, and allocating which dealers got how many. That is NOT the case, so what the dealer told you is the normal dealer BS.

GTOMIKE 04-08-2008 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Cokeybill (Post 253860)
Because of the transmission "strike", orders for the SS had to be in by April 25 for the '08s. The strike has shut down the Oshawa truck plant as well. I believe the '09s will continue.

The auto transmissions are made in Windsor and were are not on strike but are working 6 days a week.

SSROADSTER 04-08-2008 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody (Post 253813)
My dealer said today that the SS was a limited production vehicle..is this true and does anyone now how many? Already have mine :thumb: ..wonder if they will become keepers...

Just some thoughts, I learned a long time ago, to enjoy what you have and enjoy it now. Sure it is great to keep in the garage, nice and clean and only use on sunny days. Then when you go to sell it, it only benefits the next person who buys it. Remember no matter what you think your vehicle is worth, it is only worth what the market is willing to pay at that time, regardless of what you may think, and you may not be happy with that.
Mine is a DD, I will end up putting around 25,000 miles a year, (100 mile back & forth to work). I will keep it clean, and just enjoy every minute I get behind the wheel, it's no fun to keep as an investment, then who is the person who really gets to enjoy the SS?

Snoopy 04-08-2008 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by LT1GMC (Post 253897)
The Gm info put out earlier in the year said that they could build as many as people wanted, so I don't know if that is limited production. Besides, if it was limited, they would be restricting dealers from ordering, and allocating which dealers got how many. That is NOT the case, so what the dealer told you is the normal dealer BS.

Agreed:thumb:

solman98........Limited production, yes. Just like the rest of the "special" edition models they have come out with. Worth $$ down the road, maybe if you park it and don't drive it. But don't expect this to be a money maker down the road. Very few cars ever make that.

Also agreed...:thumb: