Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   HHR SS (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/)
-   -   New Shoes (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/new-shoes-52457/)

donbrew 12-08-2014 06:16 PM

Did you think that they made a car without a battery? We have heard that one here.

Thank goodness you haven't needed a jumpstart yet. Please read the manual before you damage your car.

solman98 12-09-2014 11:37 AM

My last tire swap I went from 225/45R18 to 245/40R18 and I like the difference. Not going to be long before the DWS's are toast. Starting to browse options now.

Jacob 12-09-2014 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew (Post 766155)
Did you think that they made a car without a battery? We have heard that one here.

Thank goodness you haven't needed a jumpstart yet. Please read the manual before you damage your car.

Thanks for your sage advice donbrew. Judging from your posts, I assume sarcasm is one of the personal characteristics required to be a moderator.

firemangeorge 12-09-2014 06:11 PM

Jacob. Just a little FWIW if you didn't know.

The spare tire will NOT fit on the front of a SS with Brembos. If you have a flat on the front, you have to take off one of the "good" back tires and put the spare in it's place. Then you put the "good" tire on where the flat is.

Jacob 12-09-2014 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge (Post 766253)

The spare tire will NOT fit on the front of a SS with Brembos. If you have a flat on the front, you have to take off one of the "good" back tires and put the spare in it's place. Then you put the "good" tire on where the flat is.

I saw that in the owner's manual. Thanks.

skyline26 12-09-2014 06:36 PM

you will love those Michelins! amazing tire

donbrew 12-09-2014 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jacob (Post 766251)
Thanks for your sage advice donbrew. Judging from your posts, I assume sarcasm is one of the personal characteristics required to be a moderator.

Sarcasm was not intended. Sorry you can't take "sage advice" in the spirit it is given.

My point being: If you could not find the spare tire you could not find the battery either. Or the jump points under the hood.

Jacob 12-09-2014 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew (Post 766258)
Sarcasm was not intended. Sorry you can't take "sage advice" in the spirit it is given.

My point being: If you could not find the spare tire you could not find the battery either. Or the jump points under the hood.

Fair enough. I misunderstood your intent.

gunblaize 12-09-2014 07:39 PM

Wont fit standard SS calipers either

Ask me how I know

solman98 12-10-2014 12:24 PM

Spare won't fit on the SS front without Brembo's either. Ask me how I know....:lol:

Unless the SS comes with a bigger spare than other HHR's.