Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   HHR SS (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/)
-   -   New SS Owner! (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/new-ss-owner-14278/)

CGYHHRSS 04-05-2008 04:22 PM

New SS Owner!

Picked up my SS today.
First new car that I've owned in my life. Have had 5 GM leases in the past 10 years, and of course the odd prewoned car before then, and at times on between, but first brand new car that I've owned.

We looked at LS about a year and a half ago, but decided on an preowned Acura MDX for a number of reasons.
Now, that our Chev Optra was up 1.5 months ago, we had to find a replacement as our second car.
We went into the dealer 2 weeks ago, looking for a LS, to be as least expensive as possible.
But, with a family on the way, we wanted it pretty much base except for remote start, block heater, and the ABS and side airbags (which I understand are standard, as they should be, next year) package.
However, in the 4 colors we wanted, there were only 3 that matched our request across all of Canada, so that wasn't going to work. We couldn't wait for a factory order. So, back to the starting block...an LT with that package (and we were thinking about leather) was close to $30K CDN.
When the price got up to that level, I realized that an SS, being more then nicer wheels and a body kit, was likely better value. So I had to try and justify it, but the wife was on board.

The big factor here in Canada is the 0% financing for 5 years, so that helped a lot.

However, there also weren't that many SS's around or available with the side airbags, in black.
Last Thursday, stopped by a dealer that my salesman passed on to, him saying the SS that I wanted was there.
THere it was, in the show room. The salesman told me about a private sale they had last Saturday, so I went in and got it for $500 above invoice. Plus, there was GM loyalty bonus for having owned an Optra.

After some paperwork issues earlier this week, drove home today.

Black, auto, black interior...every option except for the 6 CD.

Pics soon...but excited to have a second car that makes we want to drive it as much as possible, as opposed to basic transportation.

Old Ray 04-05-2008 04:45 PM

Hi from the warm side of the rocks, congratulations on the SS, I became confused about the “private sale” thing? :confused: Glad you like it, enjoy. :smile:

SSROADSTER 04-05-2008 04:49 PM

Congrats, I know the feeling, picked mine on Thurday night, couldn't be happier, enjoy!!!

CGYHHRSS 04-05-2008 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Old Ray (Post 253068)
Hi from the warm side of the rocks, congratulations on the SS, I became confused about the “private sale” thing? :confused: Glad you like it, enjoy. :smile:

Sorry, private sale meant that the dealership was having a sale for one day last week where it was invitation only (and the salesman gave us an invitation 2 days prior), where the dealership didn't advertise in the localpapers that week (apparently $10K is the standard) and instead used that $ to cut prices of the vehicles.
Plus, they waived about $500 in the red tape charges most dealers give you (admin fee etc), and got $100 worth of accessories, $100 gas card, and $250 off paint protection and rest proofing packge

I asked the salseman who I was dealing with at another dealer a couple days later, as we're acquitantences, and we just put a deposit on the car last week to hold the price while we got some paperwork sorted out, and he said that it was a great price and I should jump on it, as nothing he could get me (he'd have to bring it in) would touch that price.

Now I am sure I could've negotiated all or most of that stuff, but this was hassle free, and I didn't have a lot more to bargian with, as no other HHR's with 1200km were avaialbe anytime soon, for anywhere near the price.

IgottaWoody 04-05-2008 10:18 PM

All I can say is..If you don't have an SS..be best to go get one!! Bought a Woody LS in Dec 07 (was actually for the woman) , before they had the SS avail here..well today my dealer phoned me saying they had a black auto on the showroom floor , come test drive it...... what can i say, its now in the drive way! I was sold even before I got the Woody parked!.Black..red enhanced and leather trimmed int..all I can say is SWEET! Now I have to decide which to use the new goldlines on , the SS or the woody....shpuldn't be too hard a decision..heh-heh

chevyguy 04-05-2008 10:22 PM

Congrats to both new SS owners. Enjoy the ride.:D

HPVOHHR 04-06-2008 08:31 AM

Congratulations CGYHHRSS. Glad to hear that you were able to find what you wanted!

I've been looking too but the 5-spds in the colors I want (Imperial Blue or Silver) are non-existant here now in Ontario. I like the Black, but it's so hard to keep looking good over the long haul.

Happy driving!

Cpt.Carnage 04-06-2008 11:38 AM

Out of curiosity, did you buy the one at North York Chevrolet? In Thornhill Ontario?

HPVOHHR 04-06-2008 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cpt.Carnage (Post 253282)
Out of curiosity, did you buy the one at North York Chevrolet? In Thornhill Ontario?

Hi Cpt. I think your question is directed at me. If so, then:

Unfortunately, it isn't optioned the way I want.... it's an Auto. All the Silver ones in Ontario right now are Autos :(

The only vehicle in Ontario right now that has the options I want is a Black one. I really like Black but can't decide if I want to put up with the downsides of a Black vehicle. :(

There was an Imperial Blue one that had everything I wanted (except missing performance seat)... but it got sold before I could get to it.

D'oh. Not having much luck. I may just end up with the Black one but still contemplating.

Sorry for the thread hijack :D

Old Ray 04-06-2008 12:10 PM

[QUOTE=nerraD;253225 I've been looking too but the 5-spds in the colors I want (Imperial Blue or Silver) are non-existant here now in Ontario. [/QUOTE]

Hi nerraD, there is a silver SS 5 speed with LSD in Cranbrook, B.C, :confused: