HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

pedders xa coilover, install and review

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 03:35 PM

pedders xa coilover, install and review

at 60k miles suspension started to feel like a daily driver girls car. all soft and no attitude, no ss feeling. i plan to do all suspension modifications possible. researched a few products and liked the look of the pedders, as well they used an hhr ss as well. most recommend their springs.

for the money spent it looks like a solid product. everyone else i ordered suspension parts from threw in stickers, had a detailed instruction guide. pededers not so forthright. limited guide outlining height adjustment and thats it. dont think they are rebuildable, dont know anything as nothing was provided to read up on. they do recommend a pro do the install. would an installer know car dynamics and be able to trouble shoot or correct to personal taste. sounds too expensive, so i did it myself. how else can you learn.

REAR INSTALL: fairly easy just time consuming. needed a little muscle to wiggle out the stock spring. easy to adjust ride height which i dropped 1.5 from stock. left the spring with no compression, could spin it in its housing. which is how the front spring sits as well. so i guess this is right. once the car is lowered the spring becomes compressed. overall pretty simple. entering my 4th year with the hhr and no 4 season rust issues or seized bolts which keeps a smile on your face.

FRONT INSTALL: will start friday as well as eibach front sway and trans mounts seeing as you have to lower and loosen the front end it just makes sense to all front end stuff in one shot
Old 05-04-2012, 09:30 AM

Nice, post picks if you can. Yeah while there is no weight on the wheel the spring should be free'd up a bit. Until you dropped it to the ground, which you found out.