Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   HHR SS (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/)
-   -   pic's of "Moon"s new wheels and Depo-HID'S (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/pics-moon-s-new-wheels-depo-hids-39248/)

moonsign 02-06-2012 08:21 PM

To answer the questions:
1. I'm on Pedders springs all around.
2. Black bowties, are just Black vynil overlays, then cut out.
3. The tires all around, and stock OE, for now. As soon as I wear them down some more, I'm going with 255x40x18 Nitto 555's all around.
4. Had the Red rims on for awhile now, and decided on a different look. Kinda the "stealth" look.
5. I'm also updated my "Moon" Designs logo, with a real stealthy look, done in 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fibre vynil, for the back side windows.
Gotta freshen up the look for the car show season[don't show-just work the shows, so gotta have a nice looking ride]. "Moon"
P.S. Anyone intrested in peeking at some of my work, just FB Robert Mullins, and look in albums.

roofer1976 02-07-2012 08:17 PM

Question:

Do the MSR 045 bolt right on, or is there need for spacers?

Rodney B 02-07-2012 09:20 PM

Looks real nice Moon. :twothumbs:

moonsign 02-07-2012 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by roofer1976 (Post 616062)
Question:

Does'nt need any spacers. Does require centric rings to take up bigger wheel center bore size. Used centric rings from prior wheels, but not sure off hand the size of them.
MSR 045 wheels same to be kinda hard to find. Took me awhile to find what I wanted. "Moon"

LawDog88 02-07-2012 10:35 PM

Those look NICE Moon. I love them

moonsign 02-07-2012 10:36 PM

Next mod will be racing stripe, out of 3M Di-Noc Carbor fibre vynil. New "Stealth" "Moon" Designs logo on back side windows will be out of same material. I've seen the suff in real life, and it looks like real carbon fibre, and it goes around curves, ect. Ordered it today. "Moon"

LawDog88 02-07-2012 10:49 PM

Sounds awesome man! Can't wait to see!

ATLsilverSS 02-07-2012 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by roofer1976 (Post 616062)
Question:

no need for spacers....18x8 in a +40 offset is what they come in. don't remember exactly what that equates to in correlation to the stock 18x7.5 and +42 offset but i posted the math in the wheels section a couple weeks ago. it moves it closer to the strut a couple mm and out a couple mm.

the msr's are available through a couple different vendors on css and i actually got mine through discount tire who gave me an unreal deal on them. i am mounting 255/35/18 kdw's on the fronts while retaining my michelin pilot a/s plus on the rears....those damn things will never wear out on the rears....lol. interested to see how the kdw's in the width do. my buddy who works at discount recommended them so i told him its his ass if they suck:lol:

oh btw i got the black w/ silver stripe and they will be on by monday hopefully sooner

foolmoon_design 02-08-2012 10:04 AM

Moon, what happened? as an artist yourself, why the change. Your first one was so "right there" with the red highlights in all the right places. I'm not saying I don't like this wersion, the semi-murdered look is nice, hids and Depos' are the **** but damn, look at your rear lights now, no red in them to finish off the "rule of 3's" since the red is missing from the rims now. sorry for the critical eye, as a designer I look for small bits to get the eyes moving around. Plus that -redline- rim look was killer!

mycv8z 02-08-2012 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by ATLsilverSS (Post 616113)
no need for spacers....18x8 in a +40 offset is what they come in.

I thought the offset for these was +35?