Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   HHR SS (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/)
-   -   Replacing Kpa boost gauge to PSI (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/replacing-kpa-boost-gauge-psi-22760/)

HHR_SS_QC 03-31-2009 01:19 AM

Replacing Kpa boost gauge to PSI

Anyone here did this?

I hate the Kpa gauge.

AaronSS 03-31-2009 02:10 AM

Must be a canadian thing? Get an Aeroforce Scangauge. They can read both.

hyperv6 03-31-2009 06:05 AM

I would get the Aeroforce too. For the money it is so much better.

Canuck 03-31-2009 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by HHR_SS_QC (Post 372232)
Anyone here did this?

I hate the Kpa gauge.

Haven't done it but couldn't agree with you more. What is a KPA anyway? :lol:
And you'd need a magnifying glass :eek: to read the dam thing all those number squished up into one tiny gauge.

But AaronSS is right, for the price you'd pay for a new gauge from GM might as well upgrade to the Aeroforce. Installation instuction for that are posted here (somewhere). If you do elect to replace it with a factory "US" guage the installation would be similiar but w/o the need for the wiring. Not sure if the scale (readings) would be alterted or not :confused: which is probably what you are really looking to know?

masterchief1112 03-31-2009 09:53 AM

kPa is a kilopascal 100,000 Pa = 1 Bar = 14.7 psi. sorry for the tech talk buy you asked

gcsd3742 03-31-2009 12:44 PM

AEROFORCE. AEROFORCE. AEROFORCE. Enough said..... Aeroforce

HHR_SS_QC 03-31-2009 05:03 PM

Anyone here got a picture of the Aerofoce gauge? Is it the same size as the GM original gauge?

gcsd3742 03-31-2009 05:04 PM

look in my pics and yes same size direct bolt in, or click on my Photobucket link!

hyperv6 03-31-2009 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by HHR_SS_QC (Post 372407)
Anyone here got a picture of the Aerofoce gauge? Is it the same size as the GM original gauge?

Now that you mention it I never took a picture. I will have to do that soon.

This is a direct bolt in.

The pillar cover comes off with one bolt and a snap clip.

The guage comes out with a socket on two nuts.

The Aeroforce cable just goes down besides the dash under the cover. You then just plug it into the OBD II port.

If your a really bad mechanic it might take you a half hour.

IF you handy it might take 10-15 Min if you take your time to tie up the extra cable.

Check the Aeroforce web site and you can check out the colors.

There are several other scan meters out but this one bolting into the pillar mount is out of the way and gives you plenty of info.

You want a digital Speedo you got it. Air fuel ratio you got it. 0-60 time you got it and so much more. Cat temps, intake temp. 1/4 mile time, etc.

HHR_SS_QC 03-31-2009 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6 (Post 372430)
Now that you mention it I never took a picture. I will have to do that soon.

This is a direct bolt in.

The pillar cover comes off with one bolt and a snap clip.

The guage comes out with a socket on two nuts.

The Aeroforce cable just goes down besides the dash under the cover. You then just plug it into the OBD II port.

If your a really bad mechanic it might take you a half hour.

IF you handy it might take 10-15 Min if you take your time to tie up the extra cable.

Check the Aeroforce web site and you can check out the colors.

There are several other scan meters out but this one bolting into the pillar mount is out of the way and gives you plenty of info.

You want a digital Speedo you got it. Air fuel ratio you got it. 0-60 time you got it and so much more. Cat temps, intake temp. 1/4 mile time, etc.

Many thanks! Looks like the way to go.

What's the model number to order?

Anyone bought one of these on E-bay?