HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

SS lowering kit

Old 03-10-2009, 02:10 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by esmarkey
What is Peddersusa?
Pedders is a company that specializes in suspension.

Gee, wonder where Maven got his lowering kit from.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:18 PM

Pedders is a very well respected and high quality Australian suspension company. The photo is of the owner of Pedders USA's HHR.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by esmarkey
If you plan on driving it in the winter in Mississauga you may want to rethink... The front dam already pushes snow if you get More than a couple of inches!
I have the luxury of not driving it in the winter, so I'm not worried about the snow.. The Pedders kit looks like all I would need anyways, another 2 inches could be an issue!
Old 03-10-2009, 09:34 PM

Question Why

Originally Posted by SSexy
I just got a new '09 SS in black.. I am installing the GM performance kit, and am looking for a kit, I'd like to drop the car another couple inches. I can't seem to find one anywhere..
SSexy

My only question; Why would you want to lower it, when the Chevy chief engineers spent so much time dialing in the performance handling suspension? I know it will look good, but roll rate and center of gravity will change, which will effect handling.
I've asked several suspension experts and they all say don't do it, the money spend won't help help handling other then appearance.

Just my 2 cents.

Byron
Old 03-10-2009, 09:54 PM

I'm in it for the look's, and it will not affect normal driving characteristics enough to notice in my daily driving. I have other vehicles to autocross with.

I went to the pedders site and it left me with a couple questions that I would like to know if anyone can answer for me. The springs it showed me for the hhr did not say hhr,just cobalt and g5,are those still the correct ones? And the price said $89ea, is that per coil or per pair of coils? Thank you for any info you might have.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rainman
SSexy

My only question; Why would you want to lower it, when the Chevy chief engineers spent so much time dialing in the performance handling suspension? I know it will look good, but roll rate and center of gravity will change, which will effect handling.
I've asked several suspension experts and they all say don't do it, the money spend won't help help handling other then appearance.

Just my 2 cents.

Byron
Roll stiffness only changes if the springs are a different rate, the Pedders springs are almost identical in rate to stock (As opposed to Sportlines which are noticeable softer) Center of gravity will change it will get lower, which isnt bad for a little tall wagon like the HHR. :)

I wholeheartedly agree agree that spoiling the suspension of a current GMHPVO vehicle is a bad idea,(look at my posts on CSS youll see what my thoughts on suspension are) as they have some of the absolute most well sorted chassis around, I wouldnt have purchased Pedders springs if I thought they would degrade handling. Its not like we are talking about Tenzos or cheap Chaiwanese coilovers, I doubt anyone would be disappointed with these springs.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by BLUEHHRSS5SPEED
I'm in it for the look's, and it will not affect normal driving characteristics enough to notice in my daily driving. I have other vehicles to autocross with.

I went to the pedders site and it left me with a couple questions that I would like to know if anyone can answer for me. The springs it showed me for the hhr did not say hhr,just cobalt and g5,are those still the correct ones? And the price said $89ea, is that per coil or per pair of coils? Thank you for any info you might have.
the springs listed are for HHR/Balt/G5, they should be PN 220007 & 220006, yes they are $89 each......a bit steep, but solid product, I should be able to do a little write up and pics of them on my Balt tomorrow night if anyone is interested.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:24 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought the price was cheap compared to the $16,000 in my s10's chassis. I am interested in the pics and write up so send me a link or post one up for me to check out, Thanks again.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Maven
Roll stiffness only changes if the springs are a different rate, the Pedders springs are almost identical in rate to stock (As opposed to Sportlines which are noticeable softer) Center of gravity will change it will get lower, which isnt bad for a little tall wagon like the HHR. :)

I wholeheartedly agree agree that spoiling the suspension of a current GMHPVO vehicle is a bad idea,(look at my posts on CSS youll see what my thoughts on suspension are) as they have some of the absolute most well sorted chassis around, I wouldnt have purchased Pedders springs if I thought they would degrade handling. Its not like we are talking about Tenzos or cheap Chaiwanese coilovers, I doubt anyone would be disappointed with these springs.
Thanks for the info, I'll let my suspension expert know. not to be ill-informed but what is CSS?
Old 03-11-2009, 01:10 AM

cobaltss.net sister forum to us.