EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid Valve Replacement - Page 5 - Chevy HHR Network

"How To" Tutorial Library Write tips and instructions on how to install parts or fix problems. This is for detailed "How To's" only, not a forum to ask how to do something. Please post those questions in appropriate forums.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:47 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersHHR View Post
If anyone has their HHR come up with a P0449 code don't take it to the dealer to fix.

5) take rubber seal off of old solenoid and place it on new solenoid.
Just an fyi.... removing that rubber seal/boot from the original one stretched it out for me. I was very careful in the process but I still got evap codes with the new one in place. I took it off again and wrapped a couple of layers of teflon tape over the rubber seal and the other tube connector as well then installed again. This seems to have fixed it for me. The gas cap warning popped up first drive after install before the teflon and then 446, if I remember correctly shortly thereafter. I searched far and wide for a new rubber seal or for a solenoid with one but they are not available as far as I can see.

I know this is an older thread but maybe this might help someone out.

That rubber might just be a failure point. My original install seemed to wiggle a bit and I wondered about it. You might try just blowing out the solenoid and using teflon tape before buying a new one.
10HHR is offline   Reply With Quote