"How To" Tutorial Library Write tips and instructions on how to install parts or fix problems. This is for detailed "How To's" only, not a forum to ask how to do something. Please post those questions in appropriate forums.

How to: Check a wheel hub bearing assembly

Old 12-10-2015, 09:19 PM
JCC

How to: Check a wheel hub bearing assembly

Here is a video on How to: Check a wheel hub bearing assembly by the Timken Bearing Company. It gives a good over view of how to do a complete inspection job. Please note that Timken is an old reliable USA company and makes great products. I've read post by people questioning this but I found this old stand-by company to still be putting out high reliable parts. There are other companies still making good parts and not just bearing companies. The question is to see and check if the companies have been sold and in doing so changed the make up and quality of the company. Most companies around the world now have the same machines and make like products, so the facts have become labor cost and the steel that is used. This is why parts don't last as long when they look the same. I hope this helps and it was not posted before. When looking for help with problems and making repairs don't over look the manufacture/ company themselves. When you tell, show and give details of what you learn and did please give the name of the parts you use, where you got them and the price. And by all means the details you learned and picked up along the way. Most have been very good about these and it is why I like this network... People helping and working with people.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Neat , I've had a set of Timkens on Oldblue they lasted about 75,000 miles , they were made in St. Thomas , Ontario, Canada for GM , I paid $165.00 each for them in 2010.