"How To" Tutorial Library Write tips and instructions on how to install parts or fix problems. This is for detailed "How To's" only, not a forum to ask how to do something. Please post those questions in appropriate forums.

How to install an HHR spoiler

Old 04-22-2010, 09:06 PM

Supermode, you ought to go into the text book business. Top notch narrative.

The spoilers really finish off the back of the HHR nicely.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:14 PM

I agree... these really finish off the rear.

as for the front though, I am yearning for one of these painted windshield visors but they are $$$...
Old 04-22-2010, 11:47 PM

Glad I can help. Now you don't have to suffer from spoiler envy when we see other HHR's with them on! I know I sure did!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:49 AM

does the spoiler help the back to stay clean at all? or is just to look pretty? anybody found a SS spoiler with an aftermarket price?
Old 09-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Rej

Hi,

Forgive me for being very late with my pictures ‘Supermode’! Find some before/after pictures of the spoiler I installed with my father (I just had to asked him for a little help! 75 and still rocking ). In the second picture I hope you can notice the difference in the Tint color I have written about earlier in this thread. It’s not that bad. In a way, I find it ‘linear’ in colour with the windows deflectors along with my hood deflector (no picture).
So beware when buying the spoiler through the Internet. It may or may not match perfectly your HHR body Chevy color.

Thanks to all!

P.s great forum!

Rej

Old 10-02-2010, 02:25 PM

rear spoiler install

I also wish to thank Supermode for his instructions! I also got my spoiler from wing king. They have changed the hardware package a little they are now sending hex head bolts with the kit! I had to use a 7/16 bit on the 2 holes in the back side to clear the Hex heads! I used the 3/4 inch spaceing on the top of the spoiler and it worked out great!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:51 PM

How about a flat black spoiler on Victory Red?.....80 bux delivered has to be the cheapest major body mod EVER!!
Old 11-08-2010, 11:36 AM

I have a 2010 HHR and only one good hand to work with. Those of you who have done this, do you think I would be able to handle this install, or would I need a bit of help?
Old 09-16-2011, 09:54 AM

I would like to thank everyone and especially Supermode for all the great information. I purchased a spoiler from WingKing and it arrived yesterday. The color match (Black Granite Metallic) was perfect and there were no flaws that I could see in the workmanship. One difference I could see from the pictures is that the spoiler is now shipped with hex head bolts, which at first glance, I thought it could be tricky to install with a socket but on top on the bolt is grooves for a phillips screw driver. From other recommendations, I installed it ¾” down from the top edge of the door and ½” on the sides. This made the existing hole on the bottom side line up perfectly. I then had to enlarge the drilled hole with a ½” bit to fit the head of the bolt. I then used some color matched paint to cover the raw areas created from the drilling. Next was to put on the foam spacers, which was pretty straight forward by removing the paper backing and lining it up on the foot area of the spoiler. After vacuuming all the shavings and fully wiping down the area, I bolted the spoiler on. What a change and great look it made! I took my time and the whole process was just over an hour. One recommendation is to spend most of your time on measuring and lining up the spoiler. Double and triple check this as you can only drill once. Kinda scary. I’m extremely happy with the look and glad that everyone here gave their input to help.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:41 PM

Glad it worked out for you! Post some pics if you can!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to install an HHR spoiler