Inactive Classified Ads Where inactive Classified Ads are archived for reference, and possible reinstatement, if the OP still desires after the normal 60 day period of open activity ceases.

'09 half-panel LS turned SS, $5,000 OBO

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 04:29 PM

'09 half-panel LS turned SS, $5,000 OBO

Okay, this is an interesting one. Some of you may remember that I had built an '07 LS into a race-only car, eventually running 153 mph in the mile with it. I then decided to end my illustrious racing career, so what I did was purchase a white '09 half-panel LS with 107,000 miles from a guy in Maryland, then had the ZZP guys up in Michigan swap the 2.0 race engine and six-speed Saab transmission out of the race car (which has been scrapped) and into the previously anemic, 2.2-powered white '09. The result is what you see here. Here are the specs:

2009 Chevy HHR LS body
2.0 liter GM Ecotec Gen 3 LDK engine; 320 whp (dyno sheet available)
BorgWarner AirWerks S200SX-E 52/57mm turbo
TiAL 38mm wastegate
About 1,000 miles on the new engine and transmission; roughly 108,000 on the body
Engine currently tuned for 93 pump gas and to be emissions compliant
Front-wheel drive, F40 6-speed manual transmission (from a 2007 Saab 9-3)
ZZP LNF front-mount air-to-air intercooler
Fidanza forged aluminum flywheel
South Bend Stage 4 clutch assembly
Stock LE5 head
Forged Ecotec LNF crank
Forged Ecotec 4340 connecting rods
Forged and coated JE 2618 LSJ/LE5 pistons
ZZP billet engine mounts
82# valve springs/titanium retainers
Mototron 80 lb. injectors
Fuelab adjustable fuel regulator
Stainless steel ZZP HHR catback exhaust
3-inch stainless steel Cobalt/Ion downpipe and exit downpipe
GM 34mm LSJ upgraded axles
R1 Concepts drilled and slotted front rotors/stock rear drums
Six Wheel Vintiques smoothie wheels, 16” x 6.5”, 5 x 110 bolt circle, 5” backspace
Four new Wheel Vintiques bowtie-logo steel baby moon center caps for the smoothies, if you can figure out how to get them on the wheels ☹
Four stock HHR wheels and tires
Four Continental tires on the stock wheels
Four essentially new Cooper tires on the current smoothies
Two 225/50ZR-16 Toyo Proxes RA1 racing tires on the other two smoothies
AEM boost and AFR gauges (installed on the a-pillar and working, but calibrated for E85, the engine’s previous fuel, so not completely useful)
New battery
SS front bumper cover (unpadded, with working fog lights and aftermarket grille, and also painted correct Olympic White by me) is currently on the car. Stock front bumper cover still available; would just need to be notched at the bottom to fit over the intercooler.
New Lloyd’s “HHR” logo floor mats up front; stock floor mats in the back
Brand-new, solid aluminum Sullivan Racing Products clutch, brake and gas pedal covers, not installed
Clean title in hand

The car runs great--I drove it back 750 miles from Grand Rapids to NYC in September, and it was a little rocketship on the highway It has since been parked, but I drive it around the neighborhood every weekend. The car was originally tuned to run on E85 and to make all of its torque and power on the top end (for land-speed racing), which it still does. This makes it a little bit of a dog off the line (you need to stay in the clutch a little longer than you normally would from a standstill, but I got used to that in about 15 minutes). The top-end power is a blast on the highway, however...

I bought an SS front bumper cover and painted it Olympic White, and it's on there now, without padding but with working fog lights and an aftermarket grille (the paint job is serviceable, but not professional). I still have the original front LS bumper cover, however, and this can be put back on, although the bottom will have to be notched to fit around the intercooler. The stock LS rear bumper cover is still on there--I was going to get an SS rear bumper cover, but decided that I liked the combination of SS front bumper and LS rear bumper, in honor of the car's combo-clone status.

I have four Wheel Vintique smoothie wheels on there now (in fairly ugly camo green), but I still have the four stock HHR wheels. If you want to swap the stock wheels back on, however, the R1 Concepts aftermarket front calipers will have to be swapped out for stock calipers; the R1's (I found out the hard way) don't fit behind the stock wheels. I may be willing to remedy this myself before the car sells.

The engine itself is worth about $5K; I bought the '09 LS for $2,400, so I'm in for about $8K, but I'm starting to get into boating and would like to liquidate my car stuff. So I'm listing this for $5K OBO, and I'm definitely flexible. This is someone's chance to get SS power in a half-panel LS package (the body is very straight--there's a slight dent on the left-rear quarter panel). I have a clean NYS title in hand. Happy to answer any questions--I don't want to hide anything from anyone, so I'm trying to lay out as much info as possible.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails '09 half-panel LS turned SS, ,000 OBO-img_2216.jpg   '09 half-panel LS turned SS, ,000 OBO-img_2214.jpg   '09 half-panel LS turned SS, ,000 OBO-img_2210.jpg   '09 half-panel LS turned SS, ,000 OBO-img_2212.jpg   '09 half-panel LS turned SS, ,000 OBO-img_2219.jpg  

Old 01-06-2018, 08:52 PM

Just lost my 06 to an accident.
wish i lived closer to this!
Old 01-07-2018, 10:35 AM
Administrator

It’s only a motion away! Check out car shipping
Old 01-08-2018, 07:10 PM
Banned

what did u do as to wiring or the harness and ecm ? from using the 2.0 and fitting it in a 2.2 car as i have a complete 2.0 and trans that would be a cool transplant into one of my 2.4 hhrs , thanks dave seems like a great deal for the right guy or gal
Old 01-09-2018, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by hellshotrod
what did u do as to wiring or the harness and ecm ? from using the 2.0 and fitting it in a 2.2 car as i have a complete 2.0 and trans that would be a cool transplant into one of my 2.4 hhrs , thanks dave seems like a great deal for the right guy or gal
I would be interested in that answer as well. I will have a spare 2.0 LNF as well. Although there are a number of people beginning to make ECM capable of running DI motors now.

Gary if you are getting into boating you are going to find that making them go fast is a very very expensive proposition. Ask me how I know....

Just looked at the run down of the parts, he's using 80# injectors so my guess is that it's not a DI motor but a PFI. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:51 AM
Administrator

No OP activity over 60 days, thread closed.