Inactive Classified Ads Where inactive Classified Ads are archived for reference, and possible reinstatement, if the OP still desires after the normal 60 day period of open activity ceases.

HHR Running boards or SS Skirts

Old 11-04-2018, 07:37 PM

HHR Running boards or SS Skirts

Hi All, Recently acquired a 2008 HHR Panel LT. Great little ride, 62K miles, overall excellent condition.
Wanted to add a few parts to make it mine... I've ordered some nice 17" Wheels & tires for starters to remove the 16" worn wheels.
Added the WeatherTech Ft Window visors & mats for functionality.

Really like the HHR running board "look" or the HHR SS side skirts.
Thought that would be a easy find, especially 10 yrs old... but I'm not finding them anywhere on the Internet.
Does anyone have a "full set" running boards, brackets, etc or know where to get the full set new?
I have found the outer skin not realizing it was the skin only.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:20 PM

Junkyards, Craigslist, eBay... Craigslist was where I found mine. Gotta look for the cars that are being parted out.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Or contact our resident used parts go to guy, Hellshotrod, he parts out HHR’s !
I know it’s goulash and horrible but it’s got to be done!
Old 11-04-2018, 08:54 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome & Congrats on the Panel.

I'd follow Oldblue's advice,
That guy has tons of HHRs' he is parting out. Here's a link to him: https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/clas...r-parts-60986/

I would also say, adding running boards would be actually useful, you can stand on them to wash or wax the roof, or whatever.

The SS side skirts look cool.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:40 PM

Hey All... thanks for the comments & suggestions!
I'll drop a PM to Hellshotrod and see if anything is available.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:48 AM

i will look at what i have left , dave
Old 11-05-2018, 12:13 PM
Administrator

There he contacted y’all! A great guy!
Old 11-05-2018, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member

Old 11-16-2018, 09:24 PM

Hey Thanks all... had a great exchange with Dave - HellShotRod. He had the parts... fixed me up with a full set of Running Boards, Top Chrome Rails and Panel Rr Seat Conversion & Sm Box.

That gives me a good start in the direction wanting to build this 2008 up... I've had a FUN time driving it back & forth to work! I've always liked the HHR shape and it's retro hint within design.... and hated the PT! It's not the same ride as my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, it's missing several items I've come accustomed in the Jeep over the last 7 years: keyless entry & start, Auto Cruise, 1 Touch Lane change blinkers, Rain Sensing Wipers, etc, etc.

Although after a week the HHR Panel has it's own fun ride and characteristics, and at 6'8" it's actually a pretty comfortable Rig (I'll explore moving seat back too). I got it originally to use in a new small UAV business I'm attempting to get off the ground as I approach retirement in future years. Originally looked at a 1934 Panel Delivery, owesome Rig, but $45K just wasn't worth the purpose intended. I wanted the HHR panel to place logo advertisement and a low expense in fuel & operating compared to the 5.7 Hemi Jeep. Later discovered that just finding an HHR Panel with low milage and great condition wasn't an easy task... took several months! Regrettably, found this web site afterwards and noticed some vey nice HHR Panel (SS style) but price was much higher than my 2008 too.

I've been enjoying just driving the HHR and started on my unplanned customization project.... I had told my Wife it was fine as it was... but that was before I started driving it.
Checked Off the list: WeatherTech Mats & Window Visors, 17" Wheels & Tires and Dave's Parts above. Remaining on task list: Radio to gain Touch Screen, XMSirius, Apple Play, GPS, BT Phone in a modern package, a set of Upper & Lower Grills, Gibson Exhaust, Intake Filter, a ZZP Tune, and Rr SS Spoiler.

Fun little Rig and enjoyable informative HHR Site!
Old 11-16-2018, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Consider these grilles

APS Fits 06-10 Chevy HHR Stainless Steel Billet Grille Combo #C87868C
Amazon Amazon

glad David looked after you, enjoy that panel.
look to Crutchfield for the Touchscreen HU and adapters , Amp and speakers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HHR Running boards or SS Skirts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands