SOLD 2006 HHR 2LT + tons of extra goodies (MN). SOLD - Chevy HHR Network

Inactive Classified Ads Where inactive Classified Ads are archived for reference, and possible reinstatement, if the OP still desires after the normal 60 day period of open activity ceases.

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 10:19 AM   #1

SOLD 2006 HHR 2LT + tons of extra goodies (MN). SOLD

Details in my Craigslist ad are also replicated below. Most of the extras I'll sell individually but not too interested in shipping except maybe small stuff. If you're interested, reply here but send me a PM. I'll listen to reasonable offers but am not desperate to sell. NO TRADES. Don't need any more projects.

Thinking of selling my 2006 Chevrolet HHR with only about 83,000 original miles. (It's my daily driver, so this will change gradually). Lots of factory options, including the 2LT package with the 2.4L engine (instead of standard 2.2L) and much improved suspension, among other things, including:
  • Factory remote start
  • Heated leather seats (DS power)
  • Premium Pioneer sound system with factory subwoofer
  • Original 17" alloy wheels
  • Factory fog lights
  • Bright chrome trim (instead of dull silver)
  • Power moonroof
  • Steering wheel stereo controls for factory AM/FM/CD with aux input
  • AC, power windows, power locks, cruise control, rear defroster, etc.
  • Curt receiver hitch (obviously not factory, but the best hitch on the market)
  • NEGOTIABLE: Beltronics Pro GX65 radar detector including direct wire connection, hidden power wire, and rearview mirror mount. Would consider trading the whole setup (about $450 new) for a recent Valentine 1 or at an additional price.
  • More I'm surely forgetting

Brakes are in very good condition all around and shouldn't need to be replaced anytime soon. AC is ice cold; heater is hellishly hot. Heated seats are lovely in the winter. Oil was changed recently and looked beautiful. We've owned the car for five trouble-free years and I'm thinking about getting something different. Don't need to sell but would let it go for the right price.

We bought the car in 2012 with 47K miles on it and have put about 36K miles on it over the past five years, mostly highway miles. It's been a brilliant car -- easy on gas (24-26 MPG around town and 32-34 on the highway), and minimal maintenance necessary. Put new rear brakes in "just because" right after we bought it. I replaced the thermostat a couple years ago. Had a new catalytic converter, downpipe and O2 sensor professionally installed last year (they all start to rust in the flex joint no matter how little or much you drive them, it seems). Would expect to get another 100K miles out of it without more than routine maintenance. The tires on the original rims will need to be replaced soon, but I do have a beautiful set of chrome wheels and tires (see below) available at additional cost.

The 18" wheels and the Sony nav/DVD/handsfree system with headrest monitors are shown in some of the new pics but (as mentioned in the ad) are not included in the asking price. I'm open to offers on any or all of the $7000+ in goodies I've gathered for the car.

The car does have a branded title. It was a light front end collision prior to our purchase that wrinkled the DS fender and the hood. Air bags didn't go off, subframe wasn't damaged and the radiator support is fine -- all things that might have caused concern -- but it doesn't take much for an insurance company to write a car off nowadays. Aside from a few scratches and dings you might expect with a daily driver, it's a great car. Goes straight down the road, stops straight as an arrow and no weird rattles or other noises.

Asking $4,999 but open to offers, especially if you want to buy EVERYTHING as a package to get me out of the HHR business in one shot. :)

Not included in the price but available for additional cost (prices negotiable) are the following, most of which I bought but haven't gotten around to installing:
  • Sony touchscreen navigation system with DVD player and 7" LCD screens in the headrests for the kids, with remote controls for both head unit and headrests. (Original headrests are untouched and have been stored safely.) I installed it in 2012 to keep our three kids entertained, and they loved it. Everything was done right -- no wires cut, plug-n-play into the factory harness, works with factory steering wheel controls and speakers. Navigation uses integrated TomTom and includes lifetime map updates. Also has hands-free Bluetooth for your phone (not just phone calls but also to play and control music that's on your phone). About $1500 worth of equipment; price now is negotiable.
  • Brand new GM module to add iPod control to factory stereo. Bought it but ended up installing the Sony system instead. About $150 new.
  • 18" chrome Saturn Sky Redline rims, Goodyear tires and hardware. I've got $1600 tied up in those, and they're nearly new (rims were brand-new takeoffs from a Sky Redline; tires have maybe 3-4000 miles on them). They're gorgeous. They're not the ones in the first photo -- they're in the second pic and are absolutely NOT included at this asking price.
  • 16" Blizzak snow tires on steel rims with GM hubcaps. Tons of tread left, sticky as hell in the snow. About $800 new; will only sell if the car sells.
  • Complete Eibach 3899.880 Pro-Plus Suspension Kit incl. front and rear lowering springs, swaybars, etc. Still in the box. The car looks good as-is but would be killer dropped, but again I haven't gotten around to it. Currently $632 at Jegs, Summit and Amazon.
  • TTR rear sway bar (improves handling but gives a bit rougher ride). Currently installed but will be removed prior to sale unless buyer wants to negotiate additional price.
  • GM Performance Parts (GMPP) cold air intake with K&N filter. Impossible to find nowadays. Currently installed but will go back to the factory air box if buyer isn't interested. Added a bit more performance (and performance sound, such as it is with a 4-cylinder) to the already peppy 2.4L engine, but I never did anything to actually take advantage of it -- almost all highway miles. I seemed to pick up about 1 MPG with the freer-flowing intake, but that's not completely scientific. Nice addition for sure. $400+ if/when you can find it for sale.
  • Brand new HHR SS factory front brake setup (rotors, pads, calipers). Was going to upgrade but just haven't gotten around to it. I've got about $500 in the setup.
  • Weathertech floor mats front, rear and cargo. About $300 new.
  • Brand new GM carpeted floor mats (with the HHR logo, IIRC). About $200 new.
  • Brand new factory roof rack, cross rails, hardware (except inserts; Fastenal should have these), templates and installation tool. The templates alone are just about impossible to find. About $500 invested after considerable effort putting the kit together.
  • Probably other stuff I've forgotten. :-)
Attached Thumbnails
SOLD 2006 HHR 2LT + tons of extra goodies (MN). SOLD-8fwttnl.jpg   SOLD 2006 HHR 2LT + tons of extra goodies (MN). SOLD-20160815_171855_hdr.jpg   SOLD 2006 HHR 2LT + tons of extra goodies (MN). SOLD-img_20150411_143803.jpg  
Attached Images

Last edited by Oldblue; 06-13-2017 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:12 PM   #2

Very nice list of goodies, sad you're selling your HHR,GLWS
Old 06-13-2017, 07:53 AM   #3

No activity in 60 days by OP, thread closed

Closed Thread