Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/introductions-48/)
-   -   09 hhr lt2 new owner (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/introductions-48/09-hhr-lt2-new-owner-29448/)

marcsmith 05-01-2010 02:20 PM

09 hhr lt2 new owner

Hey folks, I am am a new owner to a 2009 HHR lt2. 13K miles and after taxes tags, ect, I pais 14,700. Silver paint with the black cloth interior

I was in an accident last sunday with my 03 Chevy tracker that was totaled. My rental replacement is an 2010 HHR LT1. I test drove Subi's, saabs, volvos, mercedes, and other small suv/cross overs. but I came back to GM. It will be my 15th GM product, only 3 cars I've owned have not been GM...

Its great to see the "mod" crowd here. I had a 1994 Impala SS which was heavily modded. I'm not sure if I'll go to the HP mods route I did with the Impala, but I know there are some functionality mods I want to work on...

1. replace the radio with a stock head unit with the usb port
2. make all windows express down from the drivers seat
3. heated seat (at least the lumbar area) on the drivers side.
4. Lower the drivers seat
5. create a removable system of racks to carry my R/C boats around.
6. change out front grille and add a spoiler...

Looking forward to my "new car"

HillsdaleHHR 05-01-2010 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 31136.

peevlos 05-01-2010 02:59 PM

Welcome

how do you go about making the other window express down???

Fox Hat 05-01-2010 04:27 PM

Yes Please do a how to and post it!!! I want to know how to express down the windows because a trip to Taco Bell is in my future

marcsmith 05-01-2010 05:43 PM

I did it in my impala, but you need a express down module from the drivers doors and you need to install it in each window, you don't need the HHR specific module, probably something you can find at a you-pull-it junk yard so if you want all four windows express down, you'll need 3 modules one for each window. which mean four door panels to pull...

I noticed something else the car needs, "oh-sh i t" handles above the windows....

jx3 05-01-2010 08:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by marcsmith (Post 462084)
I noticed something else the car needs, "oh-sh i t" handles above the windows....

You're not the first to think this!!

Having owned an 89 Suzuki Sidekick (aka Geo Tracker), the best was the "HOLY SH1T" handle on the dash for the passenger to hold on to!!

harleysshhr 05-01-2010 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by marcsmith (Post 462084)

Welcome to the site! That is the one of the two things my wife doesn't like about my HHR. There are no handles above or around the door on the passenger side to hold onto. She has only been in the HHR 4 times in the year that I've owned it and that is her complaint as soon as she fastens the seat belt. This POS has no handles!! bah-bah-bah ---Get a life you old beiach!
Her other problem is that it has no windows. So I go alone:bye:

ohnomobile 05-02-2010 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by harleysshhr (Post 462112)
Welcome to the site! That is the one of the two things my wife doesn't like about my HHR. There are no handles above or around the door on the passenger side to hold onto. She has only been in the HHR 4 times in the year that I've owned it and that is her complaint as soon as she fastens the seat belt. This POS has no handles!! bah-bah-bah ---Get a life you old beiach!
Her other problem is that it has no windows. So I go alone:bye:

Welcome...Here,Here on the no "OH S@*T" handles...But Bob I think you bought the panel so she would stay home.:nuts:

Mike B. 05-02-2010 06:51 PM

Welcome!

marcsmith 05-09-2010 02:58 PM

thanks for the kind welcome folks... I brought the car home yesterday. so now the mod timeline starts....