Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

2.2 or 2.4 Best? I'm still searching for "MY" 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 08:11 PM

2.4L .... Nuf said.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:12 PM

2.4 definitely has more grunt. I run 93 octane. Love the sound and performance
Old 06-30-2017, 02:22 PM

Is this 2008 SS the one? I sure hope so!

He's holding it for a lady until 3:30, then it should be mine.

I don't know much, he bought it at an auction.
It's $6000 which includes tax, title and dealer fees.
This is exactly how much I have.
VIN is: 3GNCA63X78S697779

I think it has 140k miles, automatic, only thing missing are roof rails

https://www.kbb.com/chevrolet/hhr/20...icetype=retail

I have doctor appt in 15 minutes, I will be back in a few hours to see if anyone has any ideas or comments.
Thanks everyone
Attached Thumbnails 2.2 or 2.4 Best? I'm still searching for "MY" 2.4-img_20170630_125134910%5B2%5D.jpg   2.2 or 2.4 Best? I'm still searching for "MY" 2.4-img_20170630_125306556%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 06-30-2017, 06:38 PM

Sounds like a heck of a deal, that is, if it doesn't have a serious problem.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:39 PM

Okay, paid $500 down because the loan office was closed and I didn't want this disappearing like the others. So this one is MINE!
I'm reading the manual because I know very little about the differences between the SS and the other HHRs, but by Monday morning I'll know everything. :)
I have never even looked at a SS since I was focused on the 2.4 2lt.
But, this caught my eye and I thought it was a 2.4, it has all of the same options and more.

I thank everyone who has helped get me this far, OldBlue has been very cool helping me.
I'm so excited, I can't wait until Monday, I'm sure I will go visit it this weekend.

By the way...I did try taking pictures of the tag in the glove box, but I don't think what I found is what I was supposed to be looking for.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by IneedanHHR
Okay, paid $500 down because the loan office was closed and I didn't want this disappearing like the others. So this one is MINE!
I'm reading the manual because I know very little about the differences between the SS and the other HHRs, but by Monday morning I'll know everything. :)
But, this caught my eye and I thought it was a 2.4, it has all of the same options and more.

I thank everyone who has helped get me this far, OldBlue has been very cool helping me.
I'm so excited, I can't wait until Monday, I'm sure I will go visit it this weekend.

By the way...I did try taking pictures of the tag in the glove box, but I don't think what I found is what I was supposed to be looking for.
Congrats!! Get us some pics when you can! You should count on getting a TTR front engine mount ASAP, if it hasn't already been upgraded.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:51 PM
Administrator

It's a nice wee beasty, 2.0 Turbocharged! Awesome
Congratulations!
Old 06-30-2017, 07:18 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by IneedanHHR

Above. ^^^
Well..........not exactly. Read up on it. The SS is a beast of it's own. About all it shares with the regular HHR's is the sheet metal and automatic trans. Just about everything else is SS specific.
Engine, interior, front and rear bumper covers, grille, side skirts, rear spoiler, steering wheel, suspension, brakes, rims, tires etc., are all unique to the SS.

Last edited by firemangeorge; 07-01-2017 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:18 PM

Red face I went to check out the TTR mount and there are...

Originally Posted by RJ_RS_SS_350
Congrats!! Get us some pics when you can! You should count on getting a TTR front engine mount ASAP, if it hasn't already been upgraded.
There are a number of them and some on on sale (like crazy) and I wouldn't know which one to pick. Help?
Also, I posted earlier that I wasn't able to get a pic of the tag in the glovebox that many of you post about.
The box only opened enough for me to see it was in there.
Is there a special trick? I've also seen posts questioning others if their SS was original. How will I know that mine is original?
I have so many questions, but I don't want to bother anyone.
Is there a video or book that I can purchase to learn more about my SS?
I'm reading all the SS posts, since this was a new way of thinking for me, and I see so many codes and parts that I can't follow them all.
I know some things that I want, but I need to prioritize, and I'm trying to figure out where to start shopping and for what?
I want the visors over my windows, the Chevy script, maybe a hood scoop, certainly led lights everywhere, good floor mats (the original ones are tattered, windows tinted and I'd like the rear to sit up higher.
I REALLY want to install a camera that covers both the front and the back and I'd like it to be in the dash where the radio is.Have any of you done this? I haven't read anything in the posts so far. But, I'm not even 1/4 of the way through them.

These are all fluff, so I need to know what's necessary.
What are the most important things to check out?
I'll have better pics on Monday after I sign the papers, get my title and put my plates are on.
I've made an album so there a few more pictures there.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/memb...5059186-33904/
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/memb...5229369-33905/
I'm still trying to believe this is really happening.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:34 PM
Platinum Member

That's a real SS.

Quick Reply: 2.2 or 2.4 Best? I'm still searching for "MY" 2.4