Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 05:47 AM

Hello!

hello,
what exactly is a Propeller Shaft, Front of Transfer Case? is this referring to the shaft leading to the universal joint?
i recently had my oil changed at a Ford dealership and was surprised that the checked the fluid level in my transfer case/differential and that it was at an acceptable level.
i didn't realize my hhr came with that equipment.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:04 AM
Technical Moderator

Originally Posted by geoffphillyphan29
hello,
what exactly is a Propeller Shaft, Front of Transfer Case? is this referring to the shaft leading to the universal joint?
i recently had my oil changed at a Ford dealership and was surprised that the checked the fluid level in my transfer case/differential and that it was at an acceptable level.
i didn't realize my hhr came with that equipment.
You are correct. The HHR has no propeller shaft, front or rear, or a transfer case.

They probably have a generic checklist, it is a small truck or SUV after all. Like the sheets that call for a power steering fluid flush, I had a Chevy dealer try to sell me that service for $120; He looked at me like I was the crazy one when I asked how they can do that on the electric power steering.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:19 AM

I was once a volunteer firefighter and when I used the fire company van I needed to inspect it and use a checklist. I wasn't sure what was equipped on the van so i just checked yes, until someone asked me to show them the Federal Q siren on the Chevrolet van that I realized I need to be more observant of what I was checking off.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site! I moved this to a new thread, not really a warranty type thing, more an introduction!
Old 05-16-2016, 09:02 AM

I would just go ahead and not go back to that dealer; If they are saying a none existent fluid is at an acceptable level, then that leads to concerns regarding how they check the rest of the car out.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:40 AM

Oldblue,
I posted to that thread because of the list of items, it mentioned the aforementioned Propeller shaft. I realize that some content does not pertain to warranty, just wanted to pose a question not cause a problem.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:46 AM

aradmahogany,
I used to own a Ford Ranger pickup and had a noise coming from my front rotors, a clacking noise that you could hear with the windows down and the radio off. The mechanic took it for a drive and could not hear it, I asked him to try it again without the radio and with the windows down. He couldn't determine the cause, my brother crawled under the truck and touched the inboard pad and was able to move it with his fingers. So when I hit a bump in the road the pads were loose enough to shimmy in their pockets I suppose you could say.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:06 PM
Technical Moderator

Some parts book do call the axle shaft between the joints a propeller shaft. And GM has a way of making confusing nomenclature.

Had it been a problem you would have been notified. Oldblue was just dusting the shelves, and straightening the books between the book ends.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Yes, and moving this to a modern time, cause that other thread died several years ago!
No troubles !