Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/introductions-48/)
-   -   Hello Everyone from North Carolina (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/introductions-48/hello-everyone-north-carolina-53622/)

dialbolic 04-20-2015 08:54 PM

Hello Everyone from North Carolina

Hello everyone I am new here I am a big fan of the HHR I always wanted one. I finaly got me one 2 weeks ago and I love it.It was a 1 owner took care of all records. I had the 3 recalls fixed this morning I didn't have any problems but I didn't want any either. Thanks to this forum for the heads up on the recalls. Looking forward to talking to everyone. I have so many ideas for my HHR I want to add the thick white walls and the full moons and a spoiler and a windshield cap soon. Those are what I am planning to do.

843de 04-20-2015 09:04 PM

:welcome8: to the forum from just down the road in Kannapolis!

dialbolic 04-20-2015 09:14 PM

My walk around video

dialbolic 04-20-2015 09:15 PM

TY so much for the welcome

firemangeorge 04-20-2015 09:18 PM

Welcome to the site. :thumb:

dialbolic 04-20-2015 09:23 PM

I hope it was ok to post my walk around I wanted to share it. TY 843 and Fireman.

843de 04-20-2015 09:27 PM

:twothumbs: Looks sweet!

I'll keep an eye out for ya 'round town.

Check out our Tires & Wheels Sub-Forum for some ideas on baby moons, etc.

Tires & Wheels - Chevy HHR Network

And when you decide to add some more "Giddy Up" to it, do a Search here on the Trifecta Tune and Performance Intakes and Performance Exhausts.

dialbolic 04-20-2015 09:30 PM

For sure I love to ride around lol.

843de 04-20-2015 09:37 PM

I've got four of 'em, three are "runners" and one is in about a million pieces as I slowly hot rod it.

But if you get passed by one with Dale Earnhardt and a ChevyHHR.net decal on the back window, give me a honk and maybe we can pull over and say "Hey".

https://www.chevyhhr.net/gallery/fil...7/4/0/PCR2.jpg

dialbolic 04-20-2015 09:42 PM

I like the Dale decal that's awesome yea for sure. Thanks for the link I love the American Classic White walls so many ideas I want to do.But yea the tires and rims are first on my list. I have owned many cars and I would say this one is my favorite by far.

843de 04-20-2015 09:50 PM

Cool beans!

Enjoy the site, and never hesitate to ask questions, there are not many things that we haven't seen or dealt with here.

dialbolic 04-20-2015 10:35 PM

Ty again for the warm welcome awesome forum.

Oldblue 04-21-2015 07:31 AM

Welcome to the site, enjoy that HHR!

dialbolic 04-23-2015 02:14 AM

Ty Oldblue

Oldblue 04-23-2015 09:27 AM

I'll be blasting by Concord NC tomorrow afternoon! I'll honk the horn you the amusement park at the south side of town!

dialbolic 04-27-2015 04:07 PM

I was so heart broken I went to my daughters doctor apt the other day and I came out.Guess what someone swiped down my car the fender the mirror and the door.Thank God it was only a pin dent the rest was paint scuff.I been trying everything to get the paint off. Nothing would work and I was like I have only had my car a few weeks and this happened. I was sitting here today and I saw the bottle of alcohol hand sanitizer with the beads in it. So I said well it cant hurt and wow it took everybit of it off I am so happy now. It left a tiny dent barley noticeable but the door handle has a chip in it. Been looking at touch up kits. I was like every car I get I love someone wants to hit it lol. Thank God I got the scuffs off I should have took a before and after picture. It could have been worse wish I could catch the person that did it. No one will help you police or the business I know they have tape. But all in all I am happy I thought I was gonna have to take it to the body shop. So I hope it helps someone else to try the alcohol hand sanitizer to get paint scuffs off from door dings.

843de 04-27-2015 05:11 PM

Check your PM inbox Scott, I sent you a link to a guy I've used, does fantastic dent removal work.

Shoot a couple of good close up pics showing the damage to the door handle, I'm sure the folks here will have some recommendations as to how to touch it up best, if the PDR guy can't take care of that too.

firemangeorge 04-27-2015 05:32 PM

An fyi. If you used an alcohol based cleaner to clean that paint off, it stripped away any wax or protective coating that was on your car. It will also haze and dry the clearcoat.
You should apply a couple good coats of wax to any areas that the alcohol came in touch with.

Might as well wax the rest of car if it needs it.

dialbolic 04-28-2015 02:35 AM

Thanks guys Yea she is getting waxed for sure. Already planned it I had just waxed it the day before this happened. The way it was done realy makes me feel that it was done on purpose. Cause it was scuffed in 3 places I could see the door but the front fender and the mirror also just crazy.
Thanks