Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/introductions-48/)
-   -   Hello from Mid Georgia (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/introductions-48/hello-mid-georgia-26696/)

sinabu 11-16-2009 02:31 PM

Hello from Mid Georgia

Hey everyone! New to the site. I currently drive/own a 2009 Malibu LTZ with the 3.5L V6. I am looking to trade in for an HHR SS . Been reading over lots of the posts and learning alot and cant wait till I find the perfect one for me!

I really wanted an SS Panel but After reading it seems those are hard to come by..

I was really torn on whether to get an auto or manual. Most of my driving is city stop and go and I love having my remote start feature on my LTZ so I believe Auto is the way to go for me.. I hope the HHR is still fun to drive!

Locally I've found an 09 Black on Black SS auto /w Upgraded Stereo and the Digital Display on the dash and found a Silver with Black/Red Interior in a Manual about 50 miles away and a bit further south found another Black on Black Manual 2008

Going to go by the dealer after work today and drive the 09 Auto :thumb:

txbass06 11-16-2009 02:36 PM

:banana: :welcome: :banana: Let us know how the hunt for your SS turns out :thumb:

oneton 11-16-2009 02:44 PM

:welcome: From Florida, Hope the HHR SS is the one !

sinabu 11-16-2009 05:27 PM

Well I called the dealer after work with the 09 Black on Black Auto and apparently the owner is driving it around right now and of course they live several hours away and the rep doesn't know when he is bringing it back.

HillsdaleHHR 11-16-2009 05:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 31968 to the site!!! Just wondering why you are trading in the new Malibu?

HHRSSouth 11-16-2009 05:57 PM

You should be able to find quite a few manual HHR SS, but I will tell you right now there are not going to be a lot of manual with lsd/performance package at dealers. Also some of the manuals left in the south east have roof rails. Since I was so picky, the closest one I could find with manual, lsd/performance package and no roof rails was by Nashville. We did a 300 mile radius check from where we live in Alabama, only found 1 other black SS with what we wanted. I did find a quarter panel SS in NC, but the dealer would not trade with my local dealer for anything, even though he said he would, he blew my dealer off the next day. Our car is a 09 SS and we checked in the middle of August so maybe some of the dealers have gotten some inventory of manual HHR SS.

sinabu 11-16-2009 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR (Post 424973)
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/welcome4.gif to the site!!! Just wondering why you are trading in the new Malibu?

I like the new Malibu but starting next year I am going to be doing some traveling with my business and need some room to carry equipment and such.. i do vinyl decals, t-shirts and banners and things and just need some more room mainly.. if i have to carry equipment around in the bu ill destroy it, the trunk is very small and some equipment I have would ruin the leather

sinabu 11-16-2009 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth (Post 424974)
You should be able to find quite a few manual HHR SS, but I will tell you right now there are not going to be a lot of manual with lsd/performance package at dealers. Also some of the manuals left in the south east have roof rails. Since I was so picky, the closest one I could find with manual, lsd/performance package and no roof rails was by Nashville. We did a 300 mile radius check from where we live in Alabama, only found 1 other black SS with what we wanted. I did find a quarter panel SS in NC, but the dealer would not trade with my local dealer for anything, even though he said he would, he blew my dealer off the next day. Our car is a 09 SS and we checked in the middle of August so maybe some of the dealers have gotten some inventory of manual HHR SS.

\
Thanks for the headsup.. Im still looking, So far I've only found 3 SS's within a 75 miles radius.. One has everything I want but its silver.. its sharp but I kind of want a black one or even a victory red one would be ok

sinabu 11-17-2009 01:51 PM

Going to be taking a road trip this weekend to look at the Silver 09.. It's lacking the USB port but its a good price so we will see what happens :D

sinabu 11-18-2009 03:24 PM

Just a quick update.. I spoke /w the local dealer about the Black 09 SS auto.. The owner has currently been driving it and of course lives out of town.. He said it will be back to the dealer on Saturday but the original ad listing for it they wanted $22K for it with 10K miles on it and now it has about 20K on it.. KBB says it should be around 21K in excellent condition so Im hoping I can talk them down some but i want to check it out first for sure.