Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

New guy with an '06

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 10:40 AM

New guy with an '06

Actually it's my daughter's car. My father in law bought the car new and just gave it to us to be our daughter's car when she turns 16 a year from now. So this gives me plenty of time to try and fix all of the little issues with the car. It's black with tan leather and seems to be fully loaded as far as I can tell and we really like it. I've been and will continue searching the forum for answers to my questions.
So far I "hope" I fixed the water leaking issue by making a new cowl seal out of metal and sealed it properly. Washed the car and found no water so fingers crossed.
Just read about the sunroof windscreen and I'm headed to work on that now. If it is gone I would like to replace it though.
Power mirrors don't work. Checked the fuse and it is good but read that the switch may be at fault so I grabbed one from the junkyard to try. But it might be bad too. Any other thing to check?
Also the driver window doesn't work. Again I grabbed another switch and window motor from the yard to hopefully fix that to.
One last big thing is that 3 of the 4 floor mats are missing. The driver mat is there and cleaned up really well but the passenger and two rears are gone. I would prefer the correct GM mats over aftermarket mats so if someone has some they might part with please lmk.
Sorry for the long winded intro but just wanted to share my excitement (and my daughter's) regarding our newest addition to the family.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, the switches are a good start, also check connections and continuity of the wires from the switches to the door.
I sent a PM about those mats, hard to find an OEM set that are clean.
Mine had a lot of cigarette burns.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:39 AM

Hi Mike, to the forums!!
Old 07-16-2017, 11:51 AM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site.

Fwiw. The OEM floor mats are pretty pathetic. Most of the long time owners have opted for aftermarket ones. Ones that cover more of the carpet, catch all the dirt and can even hold any spilled liquid would be my choice.

I'm pretty happy with the Husky Liners in mine.
OEM's are on top.
Name:  100_2443.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  81.5 KB
Old 07-16-2017, 12:01 PM
Premium Member

Welcome Mike, good choice for a first car for a new driver.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:11 PM

Welcome to the Site and Congrats on the Hhr.

careful one Hhr some times isnt enough
Old 06-27-2020, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by GN1220
Actually it's my daughter's car. My father in law bought the car new and just gave it to us to be our daughter's car when she turns 16 a year from now. So this gives me plenty of time to try and fix all of the little issues with the car. It's black with tan leather and seems to be fully loaded as far as I can tell and we really like it. I've been and will continue searching the forum for answers to my questions.
So far I "hope" I fixed the water leaking issue by making a new cowl seal out of metal and sealed it properly. Washed the car and found no water so fingers crossed.
Just read about the sunroof windscreen and I'm headed to work on that now. If it is gone I would like to replace it though.
Power mirrors don't work. Checked the fuse and it is good but read that the switch may be at fault so I grabbed one from the junkyard to try. But it might be bad too. Any other thing to check?
Also the driver window doesn't work. Again I grabbed another switch and window motor from the yard to hopefully fix that to.
One last big thing is that 3 of the 4 floor mats are missing. The driver mat is there and cleaned up really well but the passenger and two rears are gone. I would prefer the correct GM mats over aftermarket mats so if someone has some they might part with please lmk.
Sorry for the long winded intro but just wanted to share my excitement (and my daughter's) regarding our newest addition to the family.
I just purchased a 2006 and I have the original back mats if you are interested. I cleaned them and they look pretty good. I'm not sure what to ask for them, make me an offer.
Jana
Old 06-27-2020, 10:14 PM
Platinum Member

Jana Lynn. Check the date on the original post. It's from 3 years ago. Besides, GN1220 hasn't been logged in here since last year, so it's doubtful that you'll get a response.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Jana Lynn , welcome to the site, if you click on the members name then select send private message you might get a response, very nice if you to offer the young lady those floor mats. Or you can post them for sale in our classified ads.