Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/introductions-48/)
-   -   New 'old guy' from Wisconsin (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/introductions-48/new-old-guy-wisconsin-51398/)

themotorcycleguy 08-11-2014 06:53 PM

New 'old guy' from Wisconsin

Thought I'd take a minute to say 'Hi'. I've been a car/bike guy my whole life. If it doesn't have a motor I'm not real interested. I'm starting to get a little older so going fast isn't as important as it once was. I was never really a Chevy guy but I loved the looks of the HHR from the first time I saw one. I finally needed to get myself a new beater so I went looking for a HHR. I came across a '08 Panel that I thought would be fun. It has a bit more miles than I wanted [130,000] but the price seemed fair so I took it home. I only have had it a few weeks now but I gotta say that I love it. It's going to make a great little parts hauler. The hot rod side of me wants to lower it and slap on some nice wheels and maybe some custom paint but the practical side of me say's to leave it alone and put my time and money into finishing my latest motorcycle build and leave the Panel as is. Only time will tell which side of me will win. I love the site you have here and I'm sure it will help me out as time goes on.

firemangeorge 08-11-2014 07:41 PM

Welcome to the site. :thumb:

Blue Beast (aka Boydie) 08-11-2014 07:51 PM

:welcomewagon:

Supercharge that panel............................

Boydie

Originally Posted by themotorcycleguy (Post 755524)
Thought I'd take a minute to say 'Hi'. I've been a car/bike guy my whole life. If it doesn't have a motor I'm not real interested. I'm starting to get a little older so going fast isn't as important as it once was. I was never really a Chevy guy but I loved the looks of the HHR from the first time I saw one. I finally needed to get myself a new beater so I went looking for a HHR. I came across a '08 Panel that I thought would be fun. It has a bit more miles than I wanted [130,000] but the price seemed fair so I took it home. I only have had it a few weeks now but I gotta say that I love it. It's going to make a great little parts hauler. The hot rod side of me wants to lower it and slap on some nice wheels and maybe some custom paint but the practical side of me say's to leave it alone and put my time and money into finishing my latest motorcycle build and leave the Panel as is. Only time will tell which side of me will win. I love the site you have here and I'm sure it will help me out as time goes on.

my first pannel 08-11-2014 07:52 PM

welcome from the great lake state
hope your panel is as good as mine has been
lots of info and help if you need it here
and ride safe around here I swear the cagers aim for you

SS fan 08-11-2014 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the site.....of course you have to modify it a little...:lol:

BTW....panels rule !!!!!!:twothumbs:

Lucky 08-12-2014 07:57 PM

Welcome to the site :smile:

cj krause 08-18-2014 01:31 AM

:congrats: and :welcome3: aboard
Greetings from Texas

BlindLizard 08-18-2014 10:56 AM

U don't have to go fast. Just look cool getting there :)

Oldblue 08-18-2014 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome, a little cool goes along way!!!! personalize it!!