Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/)
-   -   Air freshener thread (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/air-freshener-thread-43720/)

badassbowtie 11-20-2012 09:38 PM

Air freshener thread

I have owned a vehicle for over 7 years now...I have tried many different methods to make the inside of these vehicles smell good...so far, the best I have come across is the Little Trees vanillaroma... I have tried New car, and Black Ice with my HHR's...my first car had probably 10 different brands.

Just curious to see what others have used/like/dislike

oh and the little tree "pine" is awful

SS fan 11-20-2012 10:14 PM

My favorite tree is the vanilla too.:twothumbs

But I have changed to the febreeze vent model, works good. :thumb:

Snoopy 11-20-2012 10:51 PM

Never understood the need for air fresheners in a car unless you have terrible personal problems, eat greasy hamburgers and fries in the car or you're a heavy smoker.;)

Kind of relates to the guy that bathes in Brut or the woman that buys cheap perfume.:nuts:

But, to each his/her own.:bow:

sleeper 11-21-2012 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Snoopy (Post 680575)
Never understood the need for air fresheners in a car unless you have terrible personal problems, eat greasy hamburgers and fries in the car or you're a heavy smoker.;)

Kind of relates to the guy that bathes in Brut or the woman that buys cheap perfume.:nuts:

But, to each his/her own.:bow:

X 2, my ride has a fresh scent, cause I clean it. Wipe down the dash &
door panels etc with Pledge.

Don't allow smokers to light up in it, & don't eat in it either, & regularly change the CAF.

But thats me..:D

badassbowtie 11-21-2012 11:34 AM

I still like to have a really good smell as opposed to the new car scent....which wears off after 1 years or so.....or at least it seems like it does when you are used to it...

IgottaWoody 11-21-2012 11:40 AM

Try Driven Primal (red pak) liquid vent clip...have blue, black and green also.. I mix(place) 2 together for some interesting combos...the sticks are ok but the liquid ones last much longer..

solman98 11-21-2012 11:53 AM

Try a dryer sheet against the intake side of the cabin filter. Cheap and easy and out of site.

IgottaWoody 11-21-2012 11:58 AM

Doesnt last very long if you run a lot of vent

luda22 02-07-2013 03:59 PM

I enjoy Febreze auto fabric refresher, and when I can come across Mango little trees those seem to work.

esmarkey 02-07-2013 04:10 PM

I don't use an air freshener in my SS as I keep it clean and vacuumed, but my wifes LT is another story... She lets the kids eat (they are messy) and get in full of snow. I try to keep it vacuumed, but in the winter it is hard. Her car gets this "sour milk" smell frequently. I really have to clean out the mats and vacuum under the seats and wipe everything down to get rid of it. But until I do so, I use the vanilla or coconut little trees :)