Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/)
-   -   For the Bellbottom crowd (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/bellbottom-crowd-49987/)

11hhrlt 03-26-2014 12:16 AM

For the Bellbottom crowd

Imagine: Just you and your HHR in some far away place. The road lays out before you like ribbon candy. You put on your favorite sunglasses. And this comes on the radio...

Crank it up! Don't forget to wait for the ending.

843de 03-26-2014 01:20 AM

Roger Taylor's best contribution to Queen's catalog of songs.

But for my money, the Who's "Eminence Front" pounding from the speakers on a twisting back road is pure bliss.

11hhrlt 03-26-2014 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by 843de (Post 741528)
Roger Taylor's best contribution to Queen's catalog of songs.

But for my money, the Who's "Eminence Front" pounding from the speakers on a twisting back road is pure bliss.

Yeah, I can picture it. Another great "driving song". So much good music came out of that period, an endless array of talent.

Btw, I didn't know there was a "lounge". Still learning.

Oldblue 03-26-2014 03:53 PM

I prefer Edgar Winter's Frankenstein or is that Frankenstien?? but these work very well!!

donbrew 03-26-2014 04:22 PM

I kinda go for pre peach truck Allman Bros.
Some times I feel like I've been tied to a whipping post.

But then in keeping with the thread title "Layla" ain't bad.

2oodoor 03-30-2014 06:58 PM

You guys are definately from my generation (yes that can be The Who) theres so many now that I can think of "Radar Love" ( Golden Earing) " Nutbush city Limits" (Bob Segar and the Silver bullet band) "Kickstart my Heart" (Motley Crue)

843de 03-30-2014 09:13 PM

If you're implying that we're of the "pair of reading glasses for every room in the house" generation, you're spot on.

Why just today I gave my "Premium Sound System" a workout when WRFX played "Mississippi Queen" by Mountain.

Good 'ole Leslie West could really get ya singing along.

11hhrlt 03-31-2014 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by 843de (Post 742242)
If you're implying that we're of the "pair of reading glasses for every room in the house" generation, you're spot on.

Why just today I gave my "Premium Sound System" a workout when WRFX played "Mississippi Queen" by Mountain.

"Premium Sound System" - Gotta love it. Let me guess... Kenwood, right?
Or maybe a Pioneer with 15" woofers and an assortment of other speakers in a single particle board enclosure the size of filing cabinet?

Still have my Boston Acoustics A70's - the largest "bookshelf" speakers on the planet. They crank. Can't shake the ringing in my ears, though.

By the way, Mountain and Black Sabbath at the Providence Civic Center. $6.50, general admission. My first concert. And here's what happened:
Some Ahole down in front threw something (it looked like a sparkler) onto the stage and hit Leslie in the middle of Mississippi Queen! He walked off
and didn't come back. The stage manager comes out and says something like "We're done. Somebody take care that SOB!" And somebody did. Don't
think that fool ever made it home in one piece, if at all.

A night to remember.

11hhrlt 03-31-2014 03:54 PM

Here's another for ya. Many versions of this. But The Outlaws did it the best. Enjoy...

papa_jo 04-06-2014 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by 843de (Post 742242)

or "Never in my life" off the LP............ did I say LP hahaha:cool: